1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Special firmware participation

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - Special Request Legacy Items (private)' started by Doug Brott, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Folks,

Sorry about the mixup .. DIRECTV has decided to do this differently. Instead of a Push release, if you are going to help with this request, you will need to participate in the normal CE release that should occur this weekend. The additional logging capabilities will be included.

We will use this thread and this forum to document the process.

Thank You.

2. GregLee

GregLee Hall Of Fame

Dec 28, 2005
    Okay, I'll download the CE release on Friday, as usual.

3. mlh422

mlh422 AllStar

Dec 19, 2006
    I am confused. If the additional logging capabilities are being introduced using the CE release as the vehicle, then does the existance of this special sub-thread imply that invocation of the additional logging capabilities is not going to be announced via the typical CE release notes? (Just trying to make sure I understand what should be in this subthread vs. typical/general threads within the CE forum....
    -M

4. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Nothing to be confused about .. This is just a special request that we are going to monitor outside the normal CE process. Firstly, you can log any issues here. DIRECTV will see it regardless and they are interested in getting data from you gentlemen.

5. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    Is the log reporting to be done with the front panel menu+info keys or will this version use a different method?

6. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Normal diagnostic key logging as in other versions .. DIRECTV is just collecting a bit more data to help resolve things quicker.

7. tfederov

tfederov Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    I'll change my network back to the way it was after tomorrow night's CE. Looking forward to helping.

8. msmith

msmith Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    As I said in private, I'll have to miss the next 2 weeks of CE's. I'm taking the church youth group to a conference.

If this process is still going the 3rd week I'll be happy to participate.

9. bjflynn04

bjflynn04 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2004
    I will have to miss this weekend's CE because I am out of town and don't have a slingbox. Hopefully it will still be going on next weekend.

10. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Good man! Have fun at the conference.

Cheers,
    Tom

11. ITrot

ITrot Godfather

Aug 14, 2006
    My crappy Hughesnet internet says I've reached my FAP limit... will be internet free (very slow) for next 24 hours. Will try to report on Sunday

12. GregLee

GregLee Hall Of Fame

Dec 28, 2005
    Well, I have an issue. I don't know whether this should go in a separate thread ...

CE version: 0x25B
    System: HR20-700
    Report Key: 20080725-292F

Description: When playing a video using mediashare, when I ask to see the daily fortune, an error message pops up saying that I've requested two incompatible network functions and that mediashare is being terminated. (That's not the bug, yet ...) However, the daily fortune ("Warranty void if cookie is broken") is displayed normally and the video being played over mediashare continues normally. So the error message appears to be bogus. But the mediashare video can't be terminated with the Exit button, and I can't get back the mediashare menu with Left Arrow.

Remark: This is apparently exactly the same minor bug as was present in the two last CE versions before network services was disabled for the national release.

13. tfederov

tfederov Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    My plan is to return the printer to the network tomorrow. Today is the wife's birthday and we're going to hang out. Wish me luck when this printer goes back on because I may lose my Internet access and screw up the home network again!

14. Strejcek

Strejcek Icon

Sep 27, 2006
    I have been unable to get the daily fortune to show up on either of my two HR20s. Both have network services on and I am able to get the widgets coming soon message to pop up, so I am unsure why my daily fortune is not showing up. I have a few errands to run this afternoon, so I will send diagnostic reports when I get home this afternoon.

15. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Ah .. I think you guys are hitting on the problems that DIRECTV was looking for .. that didn't take too long :)

Go ahead and make your posts here regarding these types of issues and make sure you add the diagnostics key so they can find your report in their database ..

Everyone should submit at least one diagnostic report (and post key here) even if things are working as expected.

16. Strejcek

Strejcek Icon

Sep 27, 2006
    OK. I got home and ran my diagnostic tests and reports. Here's the deal with both of my HR20-700s. Both are poked, both are setup using manual IP addresses and manual ports for network services. Both appear to be working fine except for no daily fortune option in the main menu. Both pass every test except for the network services; however, both are able to pull up the widgets coming soon screen. Here are my diagnostic reports for both HR20-700s:

Living Room: 20080726-3F91
    Bedroom: 20080726-D3A

17. lmuehl

lmuehl Legend

Dec 18, 2007
    HR21-700's
    Living room key:20080726-2511
    Bedroom Key:20080726-2086

all network services , widget's and fortunes seem to be working properly. Only issue I have found so far is after system was restarted after ce download I lost local channel KMSPDT 9-1 and it was replaced with KAWEDT 9-1 and KAWEDT2 9-2 in guide when I tried to edit off air channels it would not come in (searching for signal) I had to reset off air channels and do the initial setup again. The living room key is after running setup the bedroom one is before I reset and ran the initial setup. I Will test the media share app later. No issues with external esata drive either.

Just got around to media share it played video fine. Tried to play music first song played fine picked a second song and it played as well , some how i navigated away from media share while the song was playing and I lost trickplay for media share, when song finished I lost acces to media and no sound from any programming only a reset could bring it back. I'm using wmp11 for server.

18. lmuehl

lmuehl Legend

Dec 18, 2007
    HR21-700

Found bug : when watching recorded show I pressed right arrow to bring up widgets , I accidently double-clicked right arrow and widget came up but lost video (went to grey screen audio continued to play) I had to change channels and return to recording to bring it back. Also lost ability to generate new key (no option in the menu just sort playlist option) However it hasn't been 24 hrs since last key so I'm hoping the menu option will come back...I will post new key if it does

19. lmuehl

lmuehl Legend

Dec 18, 2007
    living room HR21-700
    Network services failed! widgets and fortune seemed to work but there was still no option for diagnostic report , I tried pokeeyenow and Iamandedgecutter and neither brought back the option ... finally a reset brought the report option back but still network services failed.

Key: 20080727-2E50

20. jrmichael

jrmichael Legend

Dec 14, 2006
    HR20-700

Downloaded last night. Have network services, daily fortune, and widgets all working. So far, so good. I've sent a baseline diag report to set a reference point.

Report ID: 20080727-2DA1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.