1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Speed Channel, 607 Missing from Guide

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Inches, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Inches

Inches Godfather

Jan 5, 2005
    This morning I went to look at the Speed Channel line up and it is not listed in the guide so I manually enter 607 and it is there. I went to DTV's web site and looked at all the channel line ups and it is not listed, then checked the sports pack and not there either. What's happening here??

I checked the phone app and it is listed there.

~Dave

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Use 219 for what used to be 607.

3. dwcolvin

dwcolvin Icon

Oct 4, 2007
    It morphed to Fox Sports 1, now on 219.

4. Inches

Inches Godfather

Jan 5, 2005
    Thanks, don't like morphing...

5. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    How could you have missed all the commercials announcing FOX Sports 1? lol

6. jamieh1

jamieh1 Hall Of Fame

May 1, 2003
    Also Fox Sports 2 on 618, formerly Fuel TV.

7. Inches

Inches Godfather

Jan 5, 2005
    Thanks for that, I added it to the Quick Guide.

8. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    Just to flesh out what others have said, 21st Century Fox Corporation, the owner of the channels involved, has decided to close down SPEED (formerly on DirecTV 607) and relaunch it as Fox Sports One, which is on DirecTV 219; and also the FUEL channel and relaunch it as Fox Sports Two (it remains on DirecTV 618). Both are general sports channels in competition with ESPN, etc. Next month the Fox Soccer Channel will shut down and relaunch as FXX, which will be a sister channel to FX, with FX focusing on dramas and FXX focusing on comedies (thus mirroring the relationship of TNT and TBS to a degree.

All of the NASCAR, and a little bit of the other motor sports coverage has transferred to FS1, the rest to FS2. Some content that Fox allowed the contracts to expire on has found its way to the MAV channel (which moved to DirecTV 214 as a part of this deal) or to, of all places, CNBC. The soccer content on Fox Soccer will likewise be split between FS1 and FS2. Fox has signed a large amount of non-motorsports content for its new channels as well, including college football, MLB, golf, college basketball, boxing and extensive pre- and post- game shows. Plus a "no foolishness" competitor to SportsCenter's idiocy.

9. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    I'd better stop by my SeniorTV install and see how much pandemonium the changes have caused. Can't be too bad, my phone isn't melting, although, due to attrition (sorry for the euphemism) there may not be that many on site with my number any more.

:eek2:

10. SHS

SHS Legend

Jan 7, 2003
    Vinita, OK
    What a joke this is FOX Sport is now is on my junk list for channel to be uncheck

11. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 will continue to have many of the shows and races that previously aired on Speed, so you might want to think twice about putting it on your "junk" list

12. Joe166

Joe166 AllStar

Jan 5, 2007
    That may be, but going to FS1 tonight to see any motorsports programming resulted in 4 or 5 football players "talking" about the joy of ending the pre season camp and each trying to talk over the other one. Not entertaining at all.

13. KyL416

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    A NASCAR truck race was on FS1 tonight, it finished about 10 minutes before you made that post.

14. goober22

goober22 Godfather

Sep 8, 2004
    Sunny...
    They may have Nascvar still but all the other auto shows are gone. They have HOURS of talk/recap shows now, oh and high school football????, UFC a little a sinble boxing match this week, etc. It's pretty bad right now.

15. tjguitar

tjguitar Mentor

Aug 23, 2006
    Its summer. Sports are pretty light.

16. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Thursday 3:30 ( All times will be Central ) 3:30 Race Hub,
    Friday 8 am Nascar Racing, 11 am Nascar Racing, 1 pm Nascar Live,1:30 pm Nascar Racing, 2:30 pm Nascar Racing,
    Saturday 5pm, Rascar Raceday,

Note that in the second half of the Nascar season ESPN and ABC take over the Sprint Cup Actual races,
    Friday 1am Nascar Now on 209, 4:30 pm Nascar Racing on 206,
    Saturday 11 am Nascar Now on 209

A good place to go is Nascar dot com. About Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest they have a Weekend Lineup. It shows what is on and the name of the station it will be on or it tell the time it happens even if it is not on TV.

Here is a link to it for this weekend in Bristol.
    http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2013/08/19/nascar-weekend-schedule-bristol-motor-speedway-tv-times.html

17. KyL416

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    In addition to all the NASCAR content that used to air on Speed, the Barrett-Jackson auctions, Supercross, MotoGP and the ARCA racing series will be split between FS1 and FS2.