1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Spell Checker for IE 32 and 64 bit

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by jimmie57, Mar 16, 2013.

1. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    The spell checker linked on our posts does not work for me using the 64 bit versions of IE.
    I found this one, installed it and it works well so far. It works like checking the button in Fire Fox that says "check my spelling as I type". It will underline a misspelled word in red. You can then right click on the word and choose the correct spelling from a list, etc.

It is FREE.
    Go to this place and see how it works, it is free.

Then click on downloads tab above the sample,
    download and install.

http://www.speckie.com/home

I checked the website and the file with Norton Internet Security before working with it and it is clean.

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    That's not really necessary. There's a member on this site who's a self proclaimed "Grammar Police" who goes around pointing out everyone's spelling and punctuation errors. :sure:

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I have not met the "Grammar Police" person.
    I know how to spell, but, since my stroke many years ago, I make a lot of typos and I prefer that my words are correct when I post something.
    I like it. I have used it in my Yahoo Email, on another site for cars, in the Sports section of Yahoo making a post or replies to someone else's post there as well as here.

4. TXD16

TXD16 Icon

Oct 29, 2008
    :lol: