1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Spent an Hour on Phone Trying to Get MRV on My Account

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by ozonedan, May 14, 2010.

1. ozonedan

ozonedan Legend

Dec 27, 2005
    Followed Doug's advice and spent an hour on the phone with a CSR, a Tech Support person and then got disconnected when the Tech person went to transfer me to someone else.

Everyone was trying to help. Apparently they are having system problems adding this service. It doesn't seem like one should have to jump through all these hoops to add this. Adding this service with ethernet doesn't seem to have been well thought out by DirecTV. I'll just try back another day.

2. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 DIRECTV A-Team

Jul 28, 2004
  3. marvod

marvod AllStar

Dec 24, 2006
    I had the same issue. 3 weeks they tried to add it to my account. Finally they figured it out. I was on a grandfathered plan. They moved me to a current plan added MRV and moved me back.

4. spidey

spidey Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    I am on for 30 minutes now I think the grangfathered plans is what is messing up the CSR, when she comes back from on hold will maybe mention that. Cant wait to see how weird the bill looks after all of this.

5. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    From another place:

6. spidey

spidey Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    I got transferred to tech and than back to DVR Home folks and within minutes we were done. Seems like the first time I might not have ended up with the right team or the second agent had done this before and knew exactly what to do.

7. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    That was me, but I think that we need to close this thread and shift everyone to the other one...

8. gary900

gary900 Legend

Feb 16, 2009
    Got cut off the first time after 1/2 hour. Second time I was told "we know what to do but we are having systems problems. You should be OK in 72 hours". Yeah right, I am not going to hold my breath. Finally just sent an email to customer service. They sure have not thought this one out very well, I am not real happy with them right now.

9. ozonedan

ozonedan Legend

Dec 27, 2005
    Today I spoke with one CSR who was insisting I needed DECA. I finally got him to transfer me to someone who knew what to do. And all is well:D