1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splitting HDMI??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jdknocks, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdknocks

jdknocks Cool Member

Dec 22, 2005
    Does anyone know how i can take an output signal from an HR10-250 and run it to a different tv's input? The 2nd TV is not HD but the main is. The goal here is to have simultaneous picture in two different rooms. The inputs on the 2nd tv are coax and component. I dont want to lose HD on the first though. Thanks.

2. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    *If* the analog outputs are active at teh same time as HDMI like on the H20, just run it from there. There would be no reason to split the HDMI feed, especially since you want an analog non-HD signal to a 2nd tv....

3. jdknocks

jdknocks Cool Member

Dec 22, 2005

Thanks for the response.. I can run a signal from the RWY however I then need to change the ratio format on the DVR to 480i which then messes with the signal on my main tv that is at 1080. Thoughts?

4. thescrub

thescrub Cool Member/Supporter

Oct 22, 2002
  5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    If by "RWY", you are referring to yellow composite video with red/white audio cables, that cable type doesnt support anything higher than 480i anyway, so there is nothing that needs to be switched. S-video and composite only support 480i, so you dont have to switch anything, if you are confusing those connections with component, thats a different issue.

6. jdknocks

jdknocks Cool Member

Dec 22, 2005

I am talking about Yellow video & RW audio going out of DVR to 2nd tv. but when doing this it siwtches the DVR to 480 on the 1st TV which is HDMI. Maybe I am trying to do something that just wont work?? 1st tv needs to stay HD and 2nd tv is not. Thanks again

7. A J Ricaud

A J Ricaud New Member

Jan 11, 2006
    The HR10-250 shuts off the other outputs when HDMI or component is connected and set to HD. The only way to view 2 TVs simultaneously is to set the HR10-250's resolution at 480i, which is SD.

You would need some sort of converter to do what you want.

8. rabit ears

rabit ears Legend

Nov 18, 2005
    You might be looking at the wrong source for your signal. My HDTV (Philips) has RCA (RWY) audio and video out. I haven't tried using it with the HDMI input as a source, but it worked great using a component input to the TV and an RCA out.

9. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    SIcne the H10 and H20 dont do that, I'm very surprised to hear this....the H10, and H20 can be used to serve an HD and an SD tv the same picture sicne all the outputs are on at the same time...

http://www.fsiwebs.com/shopcart3/SC_ProdView.asp?Code=H20&CategoryID=11
    http://www.fsiwebs.com/shopcart3/SC_ProdView.asp?Code=H10+existing&CategoryID=11

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.