1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sport South & Fox SS High Def?

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by TNVOL1111, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 7, 2007 #1 of 12
    TNVOL1111

TNVOL1111 AllStar

Apr 13, 2006
    I see that both Fox Sport South and Sports South Channels now have a new listing in the DISH channel guide for HD channels of both of these channels. But both channels have a "black screen" with no writing/info. I called DISH to see what was up and the CS rep put me on hold for about 10 minutes and then basically said these were "future channels" and not active yet. I then asked why they were showing up on the DISH guide as HD channels already and she couldn't answer this. Also could not tell me when any programming was going to be shown on these channels. Any info anyone else has on these 2 HD channels that are showing up on the DISH program guide as available HD channels?

2. May 7, 2007 #2 of 12
    slowmo

slowmo Legend

Sep 22, 2006
    The channels are active (thus in your guide) but are black except when HD games are broadcast.

Since the recent addition of these HD channels, I've only noticed HD broadcasts 2-3 times per week and only in the evening. Skip to this evening within the guide and I believe you'll see a Braves / Padres game scheduled.

Given that you're in Atlanta (I'm in B'ham), I don't know if you may be faced with market blackouts also. I'm not sure of the current rules but I believe you'll see a specific message when trying to tune in the channel if the game is blacked out for your market.

A few nights ago, I noticed that ESPNHD and one of the FSN HD channels both had the same Braves game scheduled. When tuning to ESPNHD, I got a message stating that the game was not available in my area. However, I was able to tune in to the FSN channel w/o problem.

3. May 7, 2007 #3 of 12
    bowheat11

bowheat11 Cool Member

Apr 16, 2007
    Braves v. Padres will be on FSN South this wed. night

4. May 7, 2007 #4 of 12
    slowmo

slowmo Legend

Sep 22, 2006
    SportsSouth on Mon and Tues and then FSN South on Wed

5. May 7, 2007 #5 of 12
    Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
  6. May 8, 2007 #6 of 12
    Grandpa Train

Grandpa Train AllStar

Mar 19, 2005
    I can't get those channels in Alabama because I don't have sat 129, only have 61.5. Can't see Braves in HD in Montgomery. I already have 2 Dishes really don't want another one.

7. May 8, 2007 #7 of 12
    Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Do you not have line of sight for 129, or do you just not want to add a dish.

If you have line of sight, your 61.5 dish could be turned to receive 129.

8. mwgiii

mwgiii Gaming Guru and Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 19, 2002
    Grandpa, you can follow Jim's advice, if you don't have Sky Angel.

If you do have Sky Angel or want to keep 61.5, you can just replace your Dish 500 with a Dish 1000 and a DPP44 switch to add 129 to get all 4 locations with 2 dishes.

9. brphoto

brphoto New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    It's not in HD on Wed. night.

I don't understand why the Braves are on FSN and SportSouth. But they rarely show them on the HD channels.

What good is it to have the channels if they don't show the game. I think they only do HD when it is a home game. But then they don't broadcast all the games. Just some.

10. 12trojan

12trojan New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    I saw on Charlie chat last week where I should be able to receive Sportsouth in HD. I have the vip211 receiver and the dish 500 but can't get this station in HD. I live in the Chattanooga area. Does anyone know if I should be able to receive this channel in HD? If so, what do I need to do to make this happen? Do I need to upgrade to the dish 1000? Help if anyone knows the answer. Thank you

11. dahenny

dahenny Legend

Apr 16, 2007
    Ya have to be pointing at the 129 sat.
    I really don't understand their logic...The handful of states that can legally receive sports south are in....HELLO...the south. A lot of us don't have LOS for 129, thus making the HD version unavailable. Go figure???

12. ssmith10pn

ssmith10pn Icon

Jul 6, 2005
    1000.2 has three ports out and one port in. It can do 4 orbital locations and three receivers or 6 tuners without a switch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.