DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

sports bar setup

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  paulh 
#1 ·
I am planning on installing a multiple receiver setup in my bar for Sunday ticket and Gameplan. Any suggestions on the best way to wire this?

I plan on a triple lnb dish , maybe one HD receiver , and about 5-6 additional cheap receivers. Any tricks on setting this up? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

#3 ·
Just one HD tv , will be the only one that the sound is used on. Will probably have 10 other TV's to feed , a couple of them can be duplicate feeds. I will also have an antenna for OTA digital feeds.

Maybe I'm wrong but I swear some of the sports bars I have been in use some sort of modulator setup :confused:

Thanks for the help

#7 ·
You would need the trible LNB dish and then either a 5X8 or 5X16 multiswitch depending on how many recievers you want. The 5x8 gets all 4 of the inputs from the dish and 1 from an antenna and will output to 8 recievers and th 5X16 will output to 16 reievers. Run the lines from the dish and the antenna to one location plug them into multiswitch and now all of your sat outputs are in one place and you can add as many recievers as you want. Now run coax to the recievers to the TVs and you can split the coax signals after the reciever to duplicate one channel on two seperate tvs

I don't no much about them but you could get some kind of channel distributor but mutliple recievers might be cheaper and easier to install

#8 ·
Shappyss said:
You would need the trible LNB dish and then either a 5X8 or 5X16 multiswitch depending on how many recievers you want. The 5x8 gets all 4 of the inputs from the dish and 1 from an antenna and will output to 8 recievers and th 5X16 will output to 16 reievers. Run the lines from the dish and the antenna to one location plug them into multiswitch and now all of your sat outputs are in one place and you can add as many recievers as you want. Now run coax to the recievers to the TVs and you can split the coax signals after the reciever to duplicate one channel on two seperate tvs

I don't no much about them but you could get some kind of channel distributor but mutliple recievers might be cheaper and easier to install
I have a 5x8 Terk multiswitch in my home, just recently installed with the 3LNB dish in preparation for HD. Appears to work great so far.

Are you required to have phone connections for each receiver under the commercial agreement? Authorization typically comes each week when the receiver dials out to DirecTV for my residential plan. A message appears on Thursday or so stating authorization for the game on that channel is approved. (coinciding with the NFL's blackout deadline for selling out a stadium.) This is how they can address the NFL's blackout policy. The last thing you want is patrons showing up with no games on.

:bonk1:

#9 ·
I know of one small-town bar near me with NFL-ST and they have about 8 TV's and each has a little D* receiver next to it on the ceiling TV mount.
A larger chain sports bar, Damon's, (That went out of business here) Had what looked to be a more sofisticated modulated or switched distribution with all the equipment in one large rack.
It would seem like multiswitches and individual receivers may be the most affordable way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.