1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports channel confusion

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by LAMark, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAMark

LAMark Cool Member

Sep 27, 2007
    I admit I am pretty confused about all the different ways I can receive sports coverage. I have the DirecTV Premier package, which I think entitles me to all of the RSNs, and they keep adding those in HD (I know there are blackout rules, presumably based on my ZIP code). I am thinking about getting the NBA and/or NHL season passes. My question is this: If all of the RSNs come online soon, won't I get to see all the games I want anyway? Are there games I would be missing because they would be broadcast on an NBAx or NHLy channel but not an RSN?

Mark.

2. GlennDio

GlennDio Icon

Jan 19, 2007
    Castle...
    you will only see pro games that are on your home RSN ... all others will be blacked out except for packages you subscribe to e.g. MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP
    typically you will see college football (there are some regional exceptions) even though it is in the Game Plan package but College hoops is more likely than not blacked out unless you have "Full Court"

What you do get besides College football with the sports pack is most other nongame programming including pre and post game shows but usually not replay or tape broadcasts and Exhibition MLB and NHL games --- Exhibition NBA are usually in free preview but not always and Exhibition football is ALWAYS blacked out (out of market).

decide for yourself whether or not to keep sports pack but College football/exhibition MLB is enough for me and then prepost game shows seal it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.