1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports issues forum

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by CTJon, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CTJon

CTJon Godfather

Feb 5, 2007
    For those of us who really aren't interested in all the details of what sports is carried and not carried in HD, what is blacked out etc. It seems as if a large % of topics these days are on sports issues and not general DirecTV. Then the sports issues could get all the coverage and those who aren't interested would have a cleaner forum to find things of interest.

Just my opinion.

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    We are discussing the options of opening a "PROGRAMMING" based forum...
    That would cover items just like that... in addition to other extended packages, and other future offerings.

3. Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2005
    I think it would be a good idea as well

4. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    I don't think it is really needed. In another month the MLB postings will simmer down as people get used to what they get.

5. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    But then we cross into the early discussions of Sunday Ticket, and the continuing with NASCAR... And the College Ticket (or what ever they are calling it).

Then with what we hope to be an explosion of HD carraige and content... the General forum could be swamped with mostly programming discussion... instead of other "general" topics.

6. purtman

purtman Hall Of Fame

Sep 19, 2006
    Earl, would this be programming for just D*? I think the sports belongs in here, but ONLY if it happens to be D*-related sports and are non-HD/SD specific.

7. bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    I think it's a good idea.

8. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    That will just minimize the issues we sports fans face. For example, the CIR/autorecord issue almost exclusively affects sports fans only.

9. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    It would only be for the CONTENT on DirecTV...
    We have a sports forum already for General Sports discussion

And HDTV programming forum to discuss national based HD sports (or any other programming).

10. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    Why would it mimimize the issues?

And CIR/Autorecords effects EVERY user... not just sports fans..

The CIR issue wouldn't be mimized because a programming sub-forum is created. As it is an issue that crosses the D10/D11/D12/H20/R15/HR20 units

With the R15 and the HR20 being the most affected, because of auto-records.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.