1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Sports Pack: Pleasant Surprise

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Stuart Sweet, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Hey, I was just looking through the Sports Pack channels and I saw the attached image... a poster for a game. i don't remember seeing a poster before, and it looks like it's the only one.

If you have channel 669, check it out for yourself on the 7PM (central) showing of Brewers@Royals.

What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    Hopefully a sign of things to come...

I like the design pretty well..

~Alan

3. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Looks good. Like Alan said, hopefully a sign of things to come.

4. charlie460

charlie460 Godfather

Sep 12, 2009
    Interesting. Looks good to me.

5. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    Can't wait to go through and see if they're using the "wrong" logo for any team, i.e., an old one. Marlins would probably be the first thing to check. :D

6. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    Neat!

7. jahgreen

jahgreen Godfather

Dec 15, 2006
    OK, I'm mystified. Why do folks care about that little graphic?

8. huskerhead

huskerhead AllStar

Oct 27, 2002
    +1. Let's fix stuff that's broke before adding other stuff that has no affect on anything.

9. KSbugeater

KSbugeater Godfather

Feb 17, 2005
    My DVR knows I watch every Royals game, so it was able to put that nifty little banner in the suggested shows matrix when I pushed Menu. I don't think it's ever suggested the Royals before; maybe because there was no banner to go with it?

Yes, I know I need psychological help for my sadistic tendencies/Royals obsession.

10. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    No reason in particular...

I don't really watch sports, but on the few occasions when I might turn on a game, I'm left with sporting events in the My DirecTV section for a week, so there's something to be said for actually having artwork on some of those results.

You do realize the artwork comes from Tribune, don't you?

DirecTV didn't exactly do anything... Tribune apparently added the artwork, and so it showed up for the event.

~Alan

11. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Cause it is nice to see stuff work the way it is supposed to. All shows have a spot for the graphic. Nice to see the data there and picked up without any additional effort.

12. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I agree. +1