1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sports pack (specifically fox college sports)...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by flybynyte, Feb 25, 2013.

1. flybynyte

flybynyte Cool Member

Aug 8, 2012
    i believe fox college sports is divided into 3 venues, fcs atlantic, central, and pacific. does directv's sports pack include all 3 OR does directv "pick and choose" what they broadcast on the fcs channel?

i am considering trying their sports pack, but, am also looking for something specific---namely, coverage of the summit league tournament that will be carried by fcs atlantic.

if i subscribe, should i be able to view this, or, is it a crapshoot with directv???:confused:

2. mws192

mws192 Godfather

Jun 17, 2010
    The programming on Fox College Sports is simply a duplication of what's on all the other various Fox Sports Net RSNs condensed into three channels. It was created so that cable companies do not have to carry every RSN to get the big games.

By subscribing to the Sports Pack you are getting access to the 24/7 RSNs and that college content, so there is no need to carry the three FCS channels full-time. Occassional FCS has exclusive content, which Directv usually airs on an overflow channel in the 600's.

There's a current topic that touches on this over here: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=3178364#post3178364

3. tullahomatom

tullahomatom Mentor

Sep 7, 2009
    You should have every game that is on the RSN, it is worth the price.

4. jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey Legend

Feb 28, 2008
    you should be able to. If FCS is carrying a Midco produced program it has been on the FCS channels on D*.

As example a couple weeks ago Directv carried both the SDSU Jacks game and the UND game on the FCS channels. They played at the same time too.

The key thing is this....if the game is carried on other RSN's along with FCS they sometimes wont carry the FCS version but instead make you watch the other RSN...since FCS is part of the sports pack why carry the game twice? ;)

I just checked my guide for the games but since D* updates those FCS only games guide info a day or two beforehand its not in there yet.

5. flybynyte

flybynyte Cool Member

Aug 8, 2012
    thanks for the replies! i did check the dtv guide, but, fcs doesn't show programming that far out (forgot to mention that in op). think i will get the sports pack and see what happens.