1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports Question

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by zippyfrog, Mar 20, 2011.

1. zippyfrog

zippyfrog Mentor

Jul 14, 2010
    I know that it has been well documented that Dish doesn't have enough bandwidth to show all games in HD or 24/7 RSN. But this is one thing I don't understand. I have NBA League Pass, and tonight's Raptors/Thunder game on League Pass channel 567, but only in SD. However, if I flip to HD Alternate channel 446, the same game is being offered in HD but I can't watch it.

So, the question I have is why doesn't Dish remap that same HD feed on channel 446 to League Pass channel 567 so that those who have League Pass can watch the game in HD? From my understanding, to do a remap like that doesn't require any additional bandwidth.

2. MikeL DISH

MikeL DISH DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    Hello, zippyfrog, your post caught my attention! We offer both feeds, standard definition and HD. If a certain program isn't being provided to you in HD, that network isn't offering that particular feed.

Hope that helps!

3. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    The reason for it was because 446 is an alternate to a FSN station you do not have access to. It appears the subscribing to NBALP doesn't unlock the RSN's that also show that game.

4. epokopac

epokopac Godfather

Aug 8, 2007
    Lawrencevill...
    Sounds like a good "new feature" suggestion for Dish and NBALP to work on!

5. shadough

shadough Icon

Dec 31, 2006
    You know I think your onto something there. I believe Directv already does this. If you sub to 1 of the sports sub's, like MLB, you'll get to see those MLB games on the RSN channels as well as in the PPV channels, if memory serves me correctly.

6. pistolpete52

pistolpete52 AllStar

Sep 3, 2010
    You are correct. I was with Directv and subscribed to the NBA League Pass. The broadcast was offered on the League Pass channels AND, if you subscribed to the RSN's, you could get it there also. With Dish, you get the feed of whoever the home team is, and if they broadcast it in SD only, then we are SOL. I've been harping on this to Dish for over a week now.

When I signed up for Dish, I also asked for the $7 extra package because most of the RSN's showed HD on the guide. But nobody told me that most of these channels aren't HD 24/7. Or, in the case of CSNNE and NESN, not at all, even though the guide on the website says HD.