1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

sports subscriptions game didn't record

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by dhkinil, Dec 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. dhkinil

dhkinil Icon

Dec 17, 2006
    I have CI, mostly for Rangers games. I set it to record a game two or three days ahead and about 1/3 of the time the game is not on the to do list the morning of the game. The game isn't even in the history as a cancelled recording. Yesterday was no different, I set both dvr's, an HR 22 and an HR24 to record a few days ahead and had to reset them again yesterday morning. I went to watch the game last night and while the games were in the list of recorded shows, but both were empty files, went to play them and all I saw was "0 min" and when I tried to play it went to "do you want to delete" Is this an MSG NY only issue, CI only, or does this happen to people with MLBEI or League Pass or on CI if you, say, try to record a preds-caps game?

2. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    If you are having problems on the NHL CI channels, you might try recording the RSN channel instead. I use 638-1 MSGB HD to record all my Sabres games and never have a problem.

On you actual issue with NHL CI channels, are you able to watch live games on those channels w/o a problem? Do you have problems recording other programs on other channels? You might try doing a reset or reauthorize [link] of your DVR's to see if it clears it up. It might actually be a bad connection or alignment issue as described in the thread [link]. If you read it, it might give you some suggestions that you can try.

3. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    I have always had the same problems with MLBEI, I think guide data changes are the problem. The best and most reliable way is a manual recording.

4. dhkinil

dhkinil Icon

Dec 17, 2006
    Thanks, it is usually just a case of having to check and frequently reset recordings on the day of the game, except for all of the software issues with the first hr 20's I have never had it fail to record until yesterday. I have tried recording the actual rsn, but that does not always work and they have been know to change the channel for a game at the last minute so a manual record is not always the safe option either.

5. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    One last suggestion is to set up a "Smart Search" to record the games. I use a the setup similar to the one below to record the Sabres and it hasn't failed. It gives priority to the first entry and works it way down the list. Here are the 3 different Smart Searches you should setup for the Rangers:
    Live helps so you don't pick up repeats on the RSN, VS or NHLN.

6. psuscott0483

psuscott0483 Godfather

Apr 16, 2009
    Douglassvill...
    would it also record the rangers repeat at midnight and the trimmed down game the next afternoon?