1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spot beam question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by fl panthers, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fl panthers

fl panthers Legend

Sep 18, 2007
    i live in southern palm beach county about 25 min north of miami.that's driving not in a line.fsnflorida is available in hd in the miami area but not here.my question is how big of an area is covered by spot beams.d* csr told me i'm to far north to get it but as i said i'm not that far.i drive to the bank atlantic center for all the panthers home games and i get there in about 45 min in traffic.if i lived there it would be in hd but my house sd only.why!!!

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    The Ka spots can be controlled better than the Ku [older] spots, but I get Ka spots from several hundred miles away. It also doesn't mean I can watch them as is has to do with what D* thinks my DMA is, but the transponders are 95%.

3. Koz

Koz Icon

Sep 16, 2006
    The HD RSN spot beams are paired with the HD local spots. You only get the HD RSNs if you are in the DMA of the HD locals. So you may be physically able to receive the signal, but you aren't authorized. Fortunately, the HD RSNs are being moved to national transponders over time. FSN Florida isn't there yet, but I imagine it will be in the near future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.