1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Srobed Video on WOI ABC Des Moines DMA NBA Games

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by hasan, Jan 26, 2014.

1. hasan

hasan New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    It has been awful for the entire Heat/Spurs game and it continues with the Lakers/Knicks game on the same channel. I am seeing it on every DVR in the house, including one on a separate dish, and it is not on the OTA version of WOI-TV (ABC), because I can watch it perfectly cleanly on the HR24-200/AM21 combo. Something is terribly wrong between ABC and DirecTV, at least in this area.

The games are impossible to watch without getting vertigo.

We are under several weather warnings (Blizzard/High Wind/Wind Chill), and they are scrolling across the bottom of the screen...they are so "strobed" that it is hard to read without unpleasant side-effects. The strobe effect continues whether there is an active scroll on the screen or not. In fact, for the first part of the Heat/Knicks game, we were not seeing any active warnings and it was doing it then too.

2. LawHawk

LawHawk Cool Member

Mar 8, 2013
    I haven't watched anything on ABC in years, but I had this same "strobe" problem years ago with WOI while watching an episode of Lost. I had almost forgotten about it until I saw your post. It was in 2010. I'm not 100% sure which receiver I was using then but I think it was an H23. It was definitely not a DVR. It was just ridiculous and it nearly made me physically ill.

3. hasan

hasan New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    It was nearly two full days before they fixed it. They are lucky they don't have the Stupor Bowl this weekend, as there might be pitchforks and torches in their parking lot!