1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Stalled on "Just a few minutes more"

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by bmwilt2, Feb 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmwilt2

bmwilt2 New Member

Feb 21, 2007
    I have a DirecTv HR-10 250.

It is not booting. It gets through the "Welcome. Powering up... " screen then hangs on "Almost there. Just a few minutes more..." and will not get past this screen. I've even left it up over night, no progress. I've tried the 15 and 30 second power cord "reset". The "REC" light shines for a few seconds shortly after plugging it back in. None of the front panel buttons work either, but my 480p light is on. It's plugged into the phone jack, cables were secured. In the mean time, I've got an older DVR39 working on the same cables and works so I'm sure the cablings not an issue.

Any thoughts on how to get this working again?

2. say-what

say-what DIRECTV A-Team

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Try leaving it unplugged for an extended period of time - 5, 15, 30 minutes or longer. My parents have a SD DTivo that hung on that screen and it took an extended power disconnect to get it going - probably about 10 minutes....it was still slow, but it did load & still works.

If that doesn't work, it may be gone....

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
  4. bmwilt2

bmwilt2 New Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Thanks, I'll give that a try and report back.

5. bmwilt2

bmwilt2 New Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Well, the unit was down for over 8 hours while I was at work. Plugged it back in and still stuck at the same place (3 hours). I guess It's toast.:confused: :(

Thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.