1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stargate: Atlantis 1/11/2009 "Enemy at the Gate"

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Doug Brott, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Great nod to Don S. Davis in this episode .. The newest battleship is christened "General Hammond" who died of a Sudden Heart Attack .. Very nice touch.

2. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Good ending to the series .. I would have liked to have seen another season, but I did enjoy the ending.

3. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    It was a good ending. Had to laugh as Amanda Tapping seemed to have trouble not slipping into her English accent.

4. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    I never noticed that but I wasn't really looking either. Agreed it was a good ending, bringing Atlantis to Earth was a great way to wrap it up. I just dont want to be the Navy officer explaining why this stretch of ocean is under permanent naval quarantine when all you can see is blue sky and clear water. :)

5. Sirshagg

Sirshagg Hall Of Fame

Dec 29, 2006
    It was a decent episode but I was disappointed that it was not a 2 hour finale.

6. DougWare

DougWare Mentor

Apr 21, 2008
    Agreed, a two hour season finale would have been nice. I enjoyed this episode pretty much, but it did kind of have the "it's the last episode, so let's give the fans a lot of eye candy" feel.

7. cadet502

cadet502 FHNSAB DBSTalk Club

Jun 17, 2005
    I almost turned it off when I thought they might kill everyone off, glad I didn't.

Is there any talk of future direct to video "movies", if so, this puts an interesting spin on a starting point.

8. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Yes, part of the reason why it's been canceled. Sci Fi will show the first movie (which will deal with the events after the finale) followed by DVD release shortly after. See Gateworld for details.

9. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Don't forget there are a lot of parallel universes that have the same problem as "our" Atlantis .. The starting points are really infinite ..