1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stargate Atlantis: "Travelers" Fri 10/26/2007

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Drew2k, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    So ... season is only a few episodes old, and we already have an episode without Samantha Carter, and I didn't miss her. (Did anyone?)

I thought Shepard and the Traveler leader had some good chemistry, I guess now that Weir is gone they had to give him someone to be quasi-romantically interested in, even if at arm's length. I think there's a good chance we'll see her again this season ....

I'm just not convinced that the prospect of a future alliance was enough to allow her to let Shepard go - she could have held him, especially given how important it was to her to get the Atlantean ship fully operational, but I guess that's just a minor plot nitpick.

2. shocky

shocky Legend

Oct 22, 2007
    Wasn't a bad episode. The whole thing with letting shepard go kinda bothered me too, but maybe it's trying to develop her character as the 'trusting' sort but willing to do almost anything..

I'm not sure. We'll see.

3. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I enjoyed the episode, but I found at times that the lady who played Larrin seemed to be just reading the script at times .. I just didn't buy it sometimes .. I will say, though that as the show progressed the character became more well-defined so perhaps it was just the early on that I had difficulties with.

4. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    What ... you watch stuff 6 days later? Do you have a DVR or something? :confused:

:p

:lol:

5. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    My wife didn't like the episode at all...

But I thought it was pretty good.

We basically met the "Female" Sheppard...

Both with constant tricks up their sleave....

She'll be back...

So we are up to at least 3 (there are certainly more), characters that we can expect to see again:

Michael (The Wraith/Human)
    Ford (The Human/Wraith)
    (I'd like to see a fight between those two)

And now the Traveler... who I wouldn't mind seeing again in a few episodes.

6. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Don't forget Weir! I'm sure we'll see her again, let's say at about the same time that Amanda Tapping's contract runs out ...

7. fineware

fineware AllStar

Jun 12, 2007
    My problem with the episode is seemed too close to being a rehashed "Valla hijacks Daniel" script. Anyone notice the similarities?