1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starmate ST2

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by oldschnor, Jun 3, 2008.

1. oldschnor

oldschnor New Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Yesterday, my Starmate ST2 was docked in a boombax on my deck floor. The box was tipped and the display on the ST2 cracked and nothing is visible. I was surprised to discover that the ST2 is no longer available and the boombox is not compatible with any other model.

I assume that the display is not repairable. I was on hold with Sirius for 20 minutes before I gave up.

Is there any market where an ST2 might be available?

2. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006

My ST2 gave up the ghost yesterday as well. Actually it had been a POS since I got in December 07. It would cut out every now and then, sometimes for a whole day. Always had great signal levels. When it worked, it was great, just getting it to work was a challenge.

Anyway, to get it to work, I had to plug/unplug a lot of times then it would finally kick in. Or, had to take it out of the cradle and bang it on the dash. :grin: I banged a bit too hard yesterday, now it just power cycles. :( Dead.

They are replacing it under warranty. Not sure if they are sending a ST2 or not. Will have to wait to see what surprise the FedEx guy brings.

See if they will replace it, or you can always try ebay.

3. Garry L

Garry L Cool Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Ebay usually has several at any given time.

4. deraz

deraz Daydreamer DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 25, 2004
    They are on Sirius' on-line store site under "clearance" for $29.99.

Refurbished.