1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Start Playing a Recording and Info Banner stays on

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by BarryG, Oct 11, 2010.

1. BarryG

BarryG Legend

Jun 25, 2006
    Anybody else noticing this lately? I just started noticing this in the past few days, although my 722K is still at 6.68. When I start playing a new DVR recording, the info banner overlay comes on at the top of the screen but it doesn't go away after a few seconds - it just stays there. I have to press the remote "info" button several times to get it to disappear. Is this an annoying bug or am I missing a setting somewhere?

2. SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg Active Member

Aug 30, 2004
    Not on my 722k. Try a power cord reset.

3. BarryG

BarryG Legend

Jun 25, 2006
    Will do - I also just started noticing sluggish response to remote commands so something isn't right with the 722K.

4. mgs24

mgs24 AllStar

Dec 7, 2002
    I have seen this several time recently.

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I can't find where it was... but I swear I remember someone recently posting in another thread about having this problem... and I thought it was fixed after a power-cycle (he unplugged the receiver for a couple of minutes, then plugged it back in again).

6. BarryG

BarryG Legend

Jun 25, 2006
    Thanks - good to know I'm not the only one being stymied by the little black box.