1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting Service with Directv

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mike6097, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike6097

mike6097 Cool Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Hello,
    I am planning on buying a couple of HD receivers and installing myself and activating service. Is there anyone out there that can help with the activation process, or answer a few of my questions. I have some questions about what kind of info D* needs to get me started, paperless billing etc. Any help is appreciated. Still need to get the equipment so I am a couple of weeks out on the activation process.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. enforcer

enforcer AllStar

Jun 27, 2003
    Go ahead and ask away. We are all here to help.

3. durl

durl Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2003
    Directv's website should give you all the information you need regarding automatic payment, etc.. You can even activate online. It's a pretty easy process. When I first started with them 7-8 years ago, I activated via phone and it took all of 5 minutes.

4. mike6097

mike6097 Cool Member

Sep 27, 2004
    I cannot seem to find on D* site where I can activate online. Can someone post a link so that I cancheck that out? Thanks to everyone for all the help.

Mike

5. CsrLiz344

CsrLiz344 New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    you can't activate online

6. lee120

lee120 Legend

Dec 2, 2002
    you can no longer activate online

7. sadsac

sadsac New Member

Jan 10, 2005
    Doing a self-installation is almost impossible now too. All of the online vendors and most retail vendors absolutely require professional installation for new, first time subscribers. You can order equipment online and then blow-off the installation appointment and install it yourself, but it is not really possible to order telling them upfront that you want to install the equipment yourself.

8. durl

durl Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2003
    My bad about the online activation.

It's too bad they're making it more difficult to do self-installs. I've done 2 and would much rather do it that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.