1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Starz $25 Rebate and SHO B1G1 ???

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by skizer, Apr 22, 2010.

1. skizer

skizer AllStar

May 16, 2004
    I received an email today regarding $25 back (via mail in rebate) on Starz if ordered by 6/30.

Found in the small print at the bottom of this page.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/conte...-1#lb&CMP=EMC-MQ-NW&ATT=120-58-100421final&m=

Now, my question is....

Can you do the B1G1 free Starz/Showtime package in addition as well? That credit for the 2nd package comes to you in the form of a statement credit vs a mail in rebate.

With the new channels being added in the next month or so I was thinking about picking up the package when the new channels come live and if you can get both packages for a net cost of about $13 for 3 months that seems like a great deal.

Any thoughts?

2. FenixTX

FenixTX Godfather

Nov 11, 2005
    Good question. I am currently doing the Starz/Showtime package. I'm going to try and get the $25 rebate. It's worth a shot. :D

3. TANK

TANK Icon

Feb 16, 2003
    FLORIDA
  4. skizer

skizer AllStar

May 16, 2004
  5. cariera

cariera Icon

Oct 27, 2006
    I would say no based on:

"Offer may not be combined with other offer(s)"

this text is found in the fine print of the rebate form.:)

http://www.directv.com/cms2/premiums/starz/offers/1004/Apr_June__Starz_25.pdf

6. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I would say yes because my take would be yes as it appears that the refund is with Starz and not D*. So an offer with D* is not the same as another offer with Starz. Same for Showtime.

7. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears DBSTalk Club

Mar 18, 2008
    No they cannot be combined.

8. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Oh-oh. Another $25 Starz! rebate.

Just hearing about this turned my face red. Several years ago they ran this irksome promotion and I went for it. You had to jump though all kinds of hoops like downloading a rebate form and then mailing it in which I did to no avail. I even called STARZ! and they said my account was eligible. Finally, I blew a gasket and called DirecTV and threatened to cancel but they gave me the $25 credit-but what a hassle!!!

Good luck getting your $25!!

9. TANK

TANK Icon

Feb 16, 2003
    FLORIDA
  10. Floyd

Floyd Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Note that most of the offers say "New Customers Only".
    If you have ever had Showtime, even on a 3-mo or trial basis, then they may not consider you a "New" customer under this offer.
    I got Showtime for 3-mo free last year as a goodwill offer after I had some problems with a receiver. They probably wouldn't consider me a new customer.

11. heidic

heidic Cool Member

Apr 21, 2009
    "New customer" often means you aren't a subscriber at the current time. I have sent away for, and received, that Showtime $25 rebate twice over the past few years. In the past, the fine print on the rebate form said something like: you are eligible only if you have not subscribed within the previous 12 months. This time, there is no such statement. So, I'm going to try for it again, even though I had Showtime last fall. We'll see.

12. TANK

TANK Icon

Feb 16, 2003
    FLORIDA
    I received a $25 card from Showtime and a check for $25 from Starz, so it is possible to get both deals with the B1G1 free Starz/Showtime package .

13. ThePrisoner

ThePrisoner Legend

Jul 11, 2009
    Directv called me today on the Starz deal. I'm going to do it because after the finale of the Pacific tonight I'm canceling HBO/Cinemax.

14. skizer

skizer AllStar

May 16, 2004
  15. BuffaloDenny

BuffaloDenny Icon

Mar 19, 2007
    Yep, that's the one I'm going after. Just got my Starz rebate check after just a few weeks.;)

16. jstutman

jstutman Mentor

May 27, 2010
  17. wilsonc

wilsonc Legend

Aug 22, 2006
    Isn't their definition of new customer meaning someone who hasn't had showtime in the past 90 days? I'm pretty sure their definition of new customer isn't someone who has never had their service.

18. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Just got my $25 Showtime debit card in the mail today. I got Starz and Showtime free for 3 months with the MLB Extra Innings special package this year and ended up receiving a $25 check from Starz and a $25 debit card from Showtime.....:hurah::D:hurah:

19. ThePrisoner

ThePrisoner Legend

Jul 11, 2009
    I'm going to mail my rebate in for Starz. I have paperless billing so I just printed my last 2 billing statements from my account on Directv.com. Is that correct? I filled out the rebate form for the $25 cash back.