1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Starz apps

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by tcatdbs, May 7, 2013.

1. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    Available from most providers EXCEPT Dish... What's up with that?

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I actually didn't know Starz had apps... Dish carries the Starz channels, so I can't think of a reason unless there is a technical one. In order to do the verification process, they have to setup a link between their service and Dish... and sometimes that takes a bit to setup.

3. LtMunst

LtMunst Hall Of Fame

Aug 24, 2005
    Per the description in the Apple App store, it is available only for AT&T Uverse, Cox, DirectTV and Verizon Fios...with more providers coming soon.

4. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    It doesn't cover many providers and it doesn't support Airplay. 2 good reasons for me not to care about them at all.

1 person likes this.
  5. CheriT @ DISH Network

CheriT @ DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    We can understand how frustrating this would be! I'd be happy to pass your feedback along to our programming department. This would be a nice app for us to support. Thank you