1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Station Logos

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by B Newt, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B Newt

B Newt Icon

Aug 12, 2007
    This is a little off topic....But I am gettiing tired of the logos on the lower corner of the picture showing all the time while I watch a show. Discovery,s is real annoying because the globe spins all the time. Now FX needs to tell you what time a certain show is on.I wish the logos would just go away. Whoever invented this idea should be shot like a rabid animal!:soapbox:

2. Jeremy W

Jeremy W Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2006
    Instead of going away, they're just getting worse. Eventually, the show will just be in a little box on the screen while the rest is filled up with advertising. Skip that, you evil DVR users!

3. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte Active Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    I will. I won't record it at all lol

4. MLBurks

MLBurks Icon

Dec 16, 2005
    I must be in the minority. The station logos don't bother me in the least. I actually think that the one on Chiller is pretty cool (a ghostly skull that comes out of nowhere and then is replaced with "Chiller"). But what does bother me is when I am watching a show and a flashy banner comes up advertising what's coming up later. THAT I hate.

5. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte Active Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    They don't really bother me too much right now, except for FX sometimes because they add those d#@n sound effects, and always manage to do it when somebody's talking.

6. B Newt

B Newt Icon

Aug 12, 2007
    If we have to watch them then they should show them for a few seconds then disappear. TCM does it right.

7. B Newt

B Newt Icon

Aug 12, 2007
    At least my hr20 fast fwds a LOT faster than my old r15 did:D

8. RedhookQC

RedhookQC Cool Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Oh, it's even better when its one of those large, lingering ones that cover up subtitles.

Oh not to worry, I can understand French and Japanese just fine, I don't need to read it.

b4574rd05!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.