1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stations in St. Louis and Denver enter shared agreement

Discussion in 'Local Reception' started by mhayes70, Sep 21, 2008.

1. mhayes70

mhayes70 New Member

Mar 21, 2006
  2. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    A combined operation typically means loss of jobs. Day to day operations will be run by one group. Things I have read on this lead me to think Fox will be running both stations (even though there is no official word). Expect in each market that one reporter will cover the stories for both stations. Reporters will also hold their microphone in a fashion to show both station logos.

This LMA could very well be a predecessor to Fox actually purchasing both stations if and when Tribune decides to sell them.

3. Phil T

Phil T Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
    Littleton,...
  4. mhayes70

mhayes70 New Member

Mar 21, 2006
    That is my take on it also. My guess it that most of the Fox people would stay. Because that is a more established/better news crew than the CW. But, you never know. We will just wait and see how they do this.

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I know there are stations in Southern California that share operations with ones in Arizona, so it's not unheard of.

6. phox_mulder

phox_mulder Legend

Nov 1, 2007
    There is a station in Salt Lake City that runs one station in Rhode Island and 3 in Florida.
    4 different Network affiliations, 5 if you count RTN (Retro Television Network)

Not that I have any first hand knowledge of this, if any of the bosses are reading.

phox