1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staying with DirecTV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by dcowboy7, May 10, 2011.

1. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    Just want to announce i am still staying with directv....as opposed to some other threads that say they are leaving.

That is all.

2. AttiTech

AttiTech Godfather

Feb 21, 2011
    :cheer:

We appreciate your business!

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    +1 :lol:

4. gomezma1

gomezma1 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    What did they give you?

5. scorpion43

scorpion43 Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Mar 16, 2011
    BOO HOO

6. AttiTech

AttiTech Godfather

Feb 21, 2011
    What?

7. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    I've been without contract for over a year now (maybe two?). Might was well stay with DIRECTV another 10 years or so. :)

Cheers,
    Tom

8. AttiTech

AttiTech Godfather

Feb 21, 2011
    D* is honestly a great service in comparison to the others I've had. Tried U-verse for a week, terrible. Tried verizon, even worse. Have family with Comcast and Dish and I would go without tv before using either of them.

9. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    I was babysitting two of the great grandkids at a comcast house last weekend and was reminded how good DIRECTV is. Fewer HD channels and all bunched up at the top rather than near the SD versions.

At least the Comcast guide sucked... ;)

10. AttiTech

AttiTech Godfather

Feb 21, 2011
    :lol: My parents and in-laws both have it and when football season hits I make them come to my house to watch the games :D I have the same size tv as my father, larger tv than my in-laws, and my hd receiver actually has an HDMI input on it unlike my fathers from Comcast.

I saw the 'My Real Treasures' signature. Wow....That's is an accomplishment, sir! Congrats on that one :)

11. Tulsacoker

Tulsacoker AllStar

Jun 1, 2010
    Been with D* since 1996 and now moving in to a new house....contemplated going with Cox cable to bundle with phone and internet. Had them all scheduled but at the last minute called D* movers connection and am keeping D*. They threw in free hook up on whole home DVR, 10 dollar off my bill for a year and free Showtime for 6 month.

12. TDK1044

TDK1044 Godfather

Apr 8, 2010
    Yep. It's amazing that if you have DirecTV installed by a fully trained, authorized installer, you understand the bill that you pay each month, and you understand basic economics, how good a service DirecTV offers.

I guess now we'll all be accused of working for D*. I don't work for them. They work for me. :)

13. rainydave

rainydave AllStar

May 28, 2006
    +1 Sticking around for a while.

Great service, occasional "freebies" when I ask for them, no billing issues to date.

14. awblackmon

awblackmon Legend

May 20, 2009
    I have been a directv customer for 7+ years now. My wife goes over to a friend of hers to keep an eye on the kids. While there she may turn on some news while doing some light cleaning up. She hates the Dish system they have there. Told me I better not drop our DTV.

15. espnjason

espnjason Armchair Referee

Sep 30, 2008
    I can't justify switching from DirecTV.

I'm even at a point where I won't even rent from landlords that don't permit DirecTV installation.

16. ycebar

ycebar Legend

Oct 26, 2007
    I will be staying with Directv, even though I'm out of contract, wife would kill me if we lost Sunday Ticket and her Cowboys games

17. TBoneit

TBoneit Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    That is something I never understood. You make a post to say you are leaving a service, Others try to convince you to stay.

Nor do I get the I'm switching from E* to D* or D* to E*.

ON the other hand neither do I get the posting everything you do on Facebook.

18. TBoneit

TBoneit Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    I guess I'm different I would want satellite TV either provider is OK, but really fast Internet is a priority. Either provider & 2 DVRs of course.

19. gfrang

gfrang Hall Of Fame

Aug 29, 2007
    Sticking around also because i truly believe D* is truly the best of the bad guy's.

Don't know what kind of smiley face to put on this one.

20. JeffBowser

JeffBowser blah blah blah

Dec 21, 2006
    I stay with DirecTV mostly due to Newton's 1st law.