1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Still having SAT 119 issues.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by hotshot187, Jul 30, 2013.

1. hotshot187

hotshot187 New Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Webster, NY
    Hello all,

Directv sent me a D12 Receiver today thinking that might solve my issue with not picking up 119. Anyways I activated the D12 and used 3 lnb as my dish type and while configuring the dish I got an error saying 119 was not working with and red X on odd and evens. So what I decided to do was go back to dish type and I selected 3 lnb with 72.5 and now 119 comes in with signal strengths off over 90, but when I tune to my locals channel 13 which WHAM here in Rochester NY it wasn't the right channel it was LINKTV. Never heard of it. So I try come other locals channel 10 which is WHEC and it says you are not subscribed. So my guess is when I changed the dish type to 3LNB with 72.5 it wasn't picking up my locals because it was coming from another sat. Now if it was a LOS issue why would 119 come in with 90+ signals on 3lnb + 72.5 and why doesn't it work with just 3LNB? So im still having the same problems I am unable to get my local channels. I guess I don't get why 119 signals will come in with DISH TYPE set to 3lnb+ 72.5 and it won't come in at all with just 3 LNB dish type.

2. texasbrit

texasbrit DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 9, 2006
    Those aren't the 119 signals, it's because when you set the dish type to 3lnb plus 72.5 the receiver is expecting two dishes, and the signals are all mapped to the wrong satellite.
    Do you actually have a 3lnb dish?

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Note that in Roschester NY the 119 is very low (in comparison to the 101) on the horizon so it could be that you are having LOS issues

4. hotshot187

hotshot187 New Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Webster, NY
    Yeah its a phase 3 dish. I have had it since 2003 with a hughes director pack receiver. It worked great for ten years but it does seem the neighbors tree could now be in the way. My dish is pole mounted so it looks like I will have to move it. I am not even sure I can dig it out. lol

5. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Yeah its a phase 3 dish. I have had it since 2003 with a hughes director pack receiver. It worked great for ten years but it does seem the neighbors tree could now be in the way. My dish is pole mounted so it looks like I will have to move it. I am not even sure I can dig it out. lol
    dont dig it out, just cut it and call DirecTV to have it relocated.

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    and check to what sat belong your channels in sticky Gary Toma's thread

7. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    In the TS' case with a P.III dish, the SD locals for the Rochester, NY., market are on 119 SB tp, 31.

8. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    It seems that the TS will need to relocated his dish. He might as well take this opportunity to upgrade to HD with the Slimline SL5 dish.

9. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    'Zackly!
    And to the OP- enjoy, what a great opportunity to upgrade!

10. hotshot187

hotshot187 New Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Webster, NY
    That sounds like a good idea to me. New dish with hd.

11. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    check if your bill will go up

12. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Our man hotshot wasn't born yesterday; of course costs go up when you upgrade equipment. S.O.P.

13. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    Autopay = free HD if you get the right CSR.
    No HD DVR = no DVR fee.

Why would the bill go up if those things that all that change? If the OP upgrades to HD and doesn't have the Spanish package, the 119 becomes irrellevant...

14. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Autopay = free HD if you get the right CSR.
    No HD DVR = no DVR fee.

Why would the bill go up if those things that all that change? If the OP upgrades to HD and doesn't have the Spanish package, the 119 becomes irrellevant...

Not the case, there are some SD locals that comes from the 119.

15. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    And in the case of Rochester, their CW affiliate is SD only from 119.

In addition to several English P/I channels, depending on your package you can also get mun2 and CCTV News. There's also several music channels that are only available with 119 like Piano, Jazz, PUMP!, Holidays and Happenings if you want it outside of Christmas and others.

16. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Right! I listen to the music channels all the time that are on the 119 (Rat Pack, Groove Lounge, Jazz, Metro Blend, Great Standards, Pump!, and Familiar Favorites) I especially like Jazz and Familiar Favorites. In addition, during the Christmas season Familiar Favorites plays a holiday tune every other selection.

Instead of wasting money calling DirecTV (and getting stuck with a new 2 year commitment) I'd just find another location for the Phase III dish and move it yourself. I installed my Phase III dish myself and it's not hard at all. The simple step-by-step instructions are even available on the DirecTV web site in a PDF file.