1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Still problems with noisy 6000/fan?

Discussion in 'HDTV Equipment (Closed Forum)' started by TiredFerret, Oct 10, 2002.

1. TiredFerret

TiredFerret Cool Member

Oct 10, 2002
    I think this question has been asked before, but are people still experiencing loud noise from the 6000 and/or fan and OTA module? My dad just bought one from Dish USA (.com), and not only did he say it looked like the unit had been used before (was supposed to be new), but it constantly makes noise whether it's turned on or not.

Suggestions?

2. DarrellP

DarrellP Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    Yes, I removed mine about 6 months ago and have not experienced any problems. I am looking for a replacement fan though, I don't feel comfortable leaving it out.

Through the summer I kept an external fan blowing on it as it gets quite hot.

I found this fan, the 40x40x10 but the 6000 is 7 mm deep and I haven't measured to see if a 10mm will fit.

3. TiredeFerret

TiredeFerret Guest

hanks. I actually told my dad to move the receiver to another room/garage since I believe the receiver has a UHF remote. If he can't complete the wiring for that, I'll suggest a different fan.

4. pinkertonfloyd

pinkertonfloyd Legend

Jun 5, 2002
    I had a really loud fan in my OTA adapter, Dish sent me a new one with a pre-paied ship-back label and I shipped the old one back. The new one is much quiter. I notcied that the new one has a much higher quality fan in it.