1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still stuck aspect ratio

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by UT_Texan, Mar 19, 2006.

1. UT_Texan

UT_Texan Mentor/Supporter

Dec 9, 2004
    I thought the stuck aspect ratio bug was going to be fixed this go around.
    I noticed this afternoon during the march madness game I wasn't able to switch from stretch to normal. Of course I had to do a pwr button reset. Will this bug ever get fixed.
    I am on L274.
    Hookem.

2. bbomar

bbomar Legend

Oct 18, 2004
    Yes - I had this bug surface again the same day that I got L274, and have had it a few times since. This is the standard stuck aspect ratio bug, not the Menu, 6, 7 bug that has been reported, which can be cleared without a reboot.

3. Slordak

Slordak Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    Yes, the bug is still present. It may be that one form or one way in which the bug was manifesting was corrected, but it is still certainly possible to just turn the receiver on and suddenly be watching Food Network "stuck in stretch mode", even without any monkeying around in the menu.

4. bbomar

bbomar Legend

Oct 18, 2004
    Yes, that is what I have observed also. Incidentally, the stuck aspect ratio I have been getting only affects satellite SD channels. OTA SD channels are fine.

5. WildBill

WildBill AllStar

Dec 7, 2004
    After reading that the SAR was fixed in L274, I decided to try switching back and forth between 480p and 1080i when watching SD and HD programs with DVI output. This action used to trigger the old SAR bug and, unfortunately, still does. The odd thing is that it is unpredictable exactly when the bug will strike, because it is not always immediate. Sometimes, I can go 2-3 days before it hits. However, if I don't change resolutions, I can go 1-3 months without a SAR problem.