1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stop a Joey from changing channels on Hopper I am watching?

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by Corwynder, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Corwynder

Corwynder Mentor

Feb 6, 2005
    Well everything was working great until all of a sudden the channel I was watching changed to Dora the Explorer and I heard one my boys laughing. I understand they can join what I'm watching but it surprised me when they can not only join but change my channel. Is there a way to block that?

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I don't think so... I think the idea of joining in and sharing the viewing means either remote has equal control.

You could be on a different tuner than they are... but if they want to join in on that one, they can keep chasing you around I expect.

Any capability to lock-out that on a Joey would seem to essentially render that Joey useless.

3. njk986

njk986 Cool Member

Mar 29, 2010
    The only way to that would be to go in there and take their remote so they can't change your channel anymore. :)

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    If there is a tuner free their channel change would change to the free tuner ... but yes, a Joey can change a Hopper's channel and I'd love to see that not happen.

Pulling the cable on the Joey works. Let the gigglers learn some respect for their elders. :D

5. bmetelsky

bmetelsky Cool Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Or have a good laugh with them about it and let them know life isn't so serious.

:joy: