1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange "did not record' message

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by B_H, Nov 1, 2011.

1. B_H

B_H Cool Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Wondering if anyone knows why a recording I had set to record did not record. R10 tivo dvr with 6.1a software. The did not record messeage said:

"This program was not recorded because it was scheduled on an antenna or cable channel. Two program sources, such as satellite plus antenna or cable, requires an upgrade to tivo plus service. To upgrade, go to Directv central and press 'How to upgrade to tivo plus service'".

There is no antenna or cable connected to the receiver. The channel that did not record was channel 209 ESPN2. Nothing else was set to record during this time. Anyone have any ideas?

As an aside, what's tivo plus?

Thanks

2. Jeremy W

Jeremy W Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2006
    Very interesting. Sounds like a bug due to some vestigal code.

3. B_H

B_H Cool Member

Sep 23, 2003
    This happened again this weekend. This time on channel 206 ESPN. I have programs recording all the time and have never had this happen before. Both recordings had extra time extended at the end, but I have other recordings with extra time. Just trying to think of something. Curious that's it's ESPN channels.

Both recordings were Bama football games. Hmmm.... maybe the Directv gods don't like Bama football.