1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Streaming programs in guide

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ep1974, Jun 21, 2014.

1. ep1974

ep1974 Legend

May 22, 2010
    I've noticed lately many programs in the guide that have a half circle arrow display next to the show that will let you watch the program from the beginning if you rewind. How are the channels chosen for this option and is there a way to manually include this for other channels? I've seen it on CNN,HLN,LMN,COMEDY,TRUTV! SPIKE etc.........My receiver is a Genie HR34/700.

2. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    I'm sure they are contractual. Notice a big chunk of them are Viacom. Part of the settlement last year was digital rights. Probably part of it. Another chunk are Turner stations.

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    No, way to manually include channels that are not part of this feature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    And yeah, its all contracts on if they can do it, just like all on demand is.