1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streaming question

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by wcwman18, Feb 22, 2009.

1. wcwman18

wcwman18 Legend

Nov 9, 2007
    I have XVID videos on my PC that I would like to watch on my TV without having to convert and burn to a disc. Is their any programs that will play the videos to my TV with no problem?

2. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Google "Tversity."

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Are you planning on hooking your computer up to your TV or are you contemplating using media share with your HR22?

You may find that burning a DVD is much easier.

4. deltafowler

deltafowler Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Aug 28, 2007
    TVersity and the HR series are an iffy combination at best with XviD and DivX video.
    Better to get a dedicated DivX/XviD compatible dedicated player like Popcorn Hour or similar.
    Trust me, after weeks of trying to get TVersity to transcode and playback in the right format and with decent sound, or ANY sound, the media tank players are the way to go.

A few are discussed here.
    http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=152758

5. wcwman18

wcwman18 Legend

Nov 9, 2007
    I have tried to use that program and I can not get my DVR to see it. I would like more detail about the other items in this thread.

6. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    Another grweat option for those of you with any of the following is ORB:
    Sony PS3
    Xbox360
    Wii

It will wired or wirelessly stream any media content (music, photos and video) from any computer or nas/upnp drive on your network.

It can also be used to remotely view your media on amny computer on the net or such products such as the iPhone or other web enabled smartphones runing a multitude of platforms.