1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Streaming using an Android platform.......

Discussion in 'IPTV Hardware' started by Cyber36, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Cyber36

Cyber36 Legend

Mar 20, 2008
    Byron NY
    Anybody know what app allows the phone to be streamed to a desk/lap top?? My XP sees the phone via USB, but not the internet, IE: YouTube Thanks in advance for your answers......

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    I assume you're trying to view YouTube where it isn't allowed.

I'm thinking you need to try one of the VNC server apps to put an Android screen on a computer that has a VNC client installed.

I predict that the performance will be marginal at best.

I think you would be much happier with downloading the YouTube videos and transferring the files to the computer.

3. Cyber36

Cyber36 Legend

Mar 20, 2008
    Byron NY
    Your assuming I've got lots of memory to spare. That isn't the case. The audio is more important than the video in my case. That's the only option? I thought there was some sort of a patching cord available that plugs into headphone jack of phone & USB of computer. Ever hear of anything like that?

4. thebigeazy

thebigeazy Cool Member

May 12, 2006
    South Louisiana
  5. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    When you gave YouTube as an example the logical assumption was that you were after both video and audio.

You'll get much better results if you more specifically (and more accurately) describe what you want to accomplish.

6. Cyber36

Cyber36 Legend

Mar 20, 2008
    Byron NY
    Video is just secondary when streaming music vids on YouTube(at least to me). You wouldn't be talking to me like I'm one of your grand kids, are you??

7. Cyber36

Cyber36 Legend

Mar 20, 2008
    Byron NY