1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Studio financial concerns kill TNT's Saving Grace

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by cj9788, Aug 20, 2009.

1. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    How True Is Cable TV's Dual-Revenue Stream Argument These Days?

Fox Television Studios, producer of "Saving Grace," would tell you a different story -- that while "Saving Grace" scored well domestically, there were other issues: weak DVD sales, and little interest in the all-important overseas markets.

TNT wants "Grace" to come back. So far, Fox hasn't complained that a low license fee is another possible reason for the show's
    just-announced cancellation.

2. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    :mad: Well that just plain sucks!! I really like this show. But at least they will get to write an ending to the series.

3. bicker1

bicker1 Hall Of Fame

Oct 21, 2007
    I think that the problem with Saving Grace was also the cost side of the equation.

4. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    I must be considered overseas, because I never watch it. ;)

5. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Watched a couple of episodes last season but just could not get into the show..

Might have to consider another try before it's gone..

6. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    Wow, my wife LOVED that show. She will be super POed that it has been cancelled.

7. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    I have enjoyed the program. A Skoal dipping angel with a spit bottle. What's not to like? :lol:
    And The last 30 seconds or so of this weeks episode had me thinking it was canceled this season. When Grace and Neely were in mid-flight I thought 'damn, this can't be good'. I mean even Earl had a worried look on his face.

8. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    One of my favorite shows... As stated, at least they should be able to wrap it up somewhat...

- Merg

9. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Love the show. But I have no problems with "Series will end its run after nine episodes scheduled for next summer." And I respect this statement by Fox Television Studios: "We thought an appropriate ending after three extremely successful seasons was the best outcome for all parties involved.”

It is a peculiarly American show. And it has a peculiarly limited appeal. That they are wrapping it up this way deserves favorable consideration.

But I will miss it two summers from now if TNT doesn't replace it with something cool.