1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suddenly Incorrect Time on All Receivers

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by maltmyer, Aug 20, 2009.

1. maltmyer

maltmyer Mentor

Nov 22, 2008
    I have two receivers, an HR20-700 and a standard def non-DVR tuner. This morning I woke up to both of them having the time set one hour ahead. I am in Arizona which has no DST. Probably a problem with the signal coming in, but I am curious if anyone else has seen this.

2. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Try this:
    MENU > Setup > Display > Clock. Change the time zone to any other time zone.
    then
    MENU > Setup > Display > Clock. Change back to your time zone.

3. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    There was a question about DST when you set up your receiver. Maybe it was changed to "Auto (Yes)"? Its actually in the menu Carl6 mentioned.

4. maltmyer

maltmyer Mentor

Nov 22, 2008
    That didn't work. I switched the time zone and saw the clock change and then switched back to Auto(Mountain) and it went back to one hour ahead. The DST option is currently set to Auto(Yes), but it used to say Auto(No). The time didn't change when I changed the DST option to No.

5. maltmyer

maltmyer Mentor

Nov 22, 2008
    The receiver was initially setup 2 years ago and just this morning the time has changed. Unfortunately, changing the DST option does not work.

6. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Maybe go on line and refresh your receiver? It may not change the time immediately. Just a thought.

7. maltmyer

maltmyer Mentor

Nov 22, 2008
    Tried it and it did not work. Changing the DST option still does nothing.

8. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Did you try the changing time zone method mentioned by carl6?

9. Stevies3

Stevies3 Legend

Jul 22, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Reboot the unit

10. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    You sometimes need to perform the "change timezone trick" after resetting the DST setting for the new DST setting to take effect.

- Merg