1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Suggestions for DISH

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Grippy, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Grippy

Grippy Cool Member

Oct 18, 2008
    da UP
    If I decide to record a show while watching it after it has been on a while DISH will only record the show from the point I press record. Are there plans to improve this so recording will begin from a time prior to pressing record as with DTV. I have the 722K.

Any plans to improve the search feature? I cannot search for an actor or look at any movie history they have as with DTV.

When will the 24 hour skip ahead be dropped to 12 hour? 24 is to long.

My thoughts

2. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    if you started watching the show from the beginning or before, you can select "record entire event". If you you didnt catch the beginning, you can rewind to your starting point, hit record, then fast forward to where you were, it will record all of what you have been watching. I have done both many times.

1 person likes this.
  3. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    to skip ahead 12 hours, go to the guide, press 12, then the right arrow, it will go ahead 12 hours. You can put in 9, or any number and it will go forward that many hours.

1 person likes this.
  4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    You can also use the other (skip and FF, but they work opposite of each other on some Dish DVRs) button (skip of FF, I forget which way it works on the 722K) to skip 3 hours.

Also... I thought you could search for actors. I don't have a 722K... but I thought you could search by title or for actors.

2 people like this.
  5. Grippy

Grippy Cool Member

Oct 18, 2008
    da UP
    Excellent. I see that under the options screen. I should just happen that way...record entire event but it is what it is. Thanks !!

6. Charise

Charise AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2004
    I have a 722 and am able to search for anything, but the choices are "title," "exact title," or "info." If the actor's name is on the info screen for the program, search will find it. :D

1 person likes this.
  7. Grippy

Grippy Cool Member

Oct 18, 2008
    da UP
    Yes I can...it is a matter of changing options. It's not real fact filled but it is better than not having it at all. Thanks !