1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Suggestions on MRV internet problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by kyledr04, May 20, 2010.

1. kyledr04

kyledr04 Cool Member

May 14, 2010
    Installers came on Sunday for new MRV install. The installed all new equipment using HR24s so we eventually able to get MRV working but they did not have DECA units or DECA power supplies in stock so no internet.

They left and gave me their number and they'd call Monday to let me know about the DECA adapters and when they could get me one. Well they never called Monday or Tuesday so I called them Tuesday, no answer. Wednesday I called and left another message and they installer called me back but I wasn't able to take the call and left a message saying he was waiting on a call from his boss and would call at 5pm. Now it's Thursday and still haven't heard back.

Will calling Directv customer service do any good? I understand they didn't have the part but they've made no effort to find a solution or at least say they've ordered the parts and they'll be here on this date. Anything other than not calling. They were clueless about MRV when they installed and still can't get their act together. Very poor customer service at this point.

2. tfederov

tfederov DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 18, 2005
    I'd call them. You paid for an upgrade and they haven't completed it.

3. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    I'm not sure why you're hesitating to call. They've charged your credit card and four days should be sufficient to resolve the problem.

4. hobie346

hobie346 Icon

Feb 23, 2007
    Where the installers DirecTV employees or sub contractors? I had DirecTV installers at my home last Friday and I was their first MRV install. They had limited knowledge of MRV and all the components needed for it to work - they too didn't have the Internet connection part due DirecTV not putting it on the work order. After several phone calls the installer was able to finish the work including the Internet adapter.

As for calling DirecTV customer service, that's up to you and your piece of mind. I would call if the installation was not completed as ordered after two days but you never know, they may not have the parts to finish the install or they may just forget that the install is not finished leaving you holding the stick.

I received a phone call from DirecTV (robo call) asking about my experience with the install. I also received an e-mail survey about the install. I answered both in the positive.

5. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    Definitely call DirecTV Customer Service.

The installers are probably over loaded right now, but that's not an excuse to ignore a customer.

Mike