1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions welcome on my pending upgrade

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by edmartin, May 19, 2010.

1. edmartin

edmartin Legend

Nov 15, 2006
    I'd like advice as my DECA/Swim install is pending.

I have 1 HR22 and 2 HR20's. I have been using the MRV beta as all 3 DVR's are connected (wired connection) to my LAN. It been working fine. But as the beta is ending, I want to sign up for the official Connected Home service.

I am scheduled for a June 2 upgrade install for DECA/Swim. I currently have 2 coax to each DVR and as above, Ethernet into each DVR. My original install was done in 2006.

If I were to start from scratch, I would probably go with an HR24 as my "main" and then 2 H24's as my feeders. But since I own (lease) the HD DVR's I don't feel like paying to replace them.

Am I missing anything? Am I stupid to think it's worth paying $99 to go the DECA/Swim route instead of staying with my current Ethernet setup? Since I am out of contract, should Directv be willing to done more for me (like waive the $99 DECA hardware fee or upgrade my DVR?). They did waive the $49 install fee.

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    I upgraded to DECA and feel it is well worth the upgrade. Upgrading to SWM too makes it well worth it, IMO.

You can probably get DIRECTV to sell you an HR2x for $99. If you have the installer bring it, chances are it will be an HR24. If it isn't you can refuse it.