1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunday Ticket 2 Go

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by NateCohen, Sep 18, 2011.

1. NateCohen

NateCohen Cool Member

Feb 18, 2007
    I have a 25/25 internet connection from Fios.

[​IMG]

But OF COURSE the VQ on 2 Go is the lowest quality and looks like crap.

I am so sick of this company they can never get anything to work properly. I feel so bad for the people who pay full price for this excuse of a product.

2. hanstoffel

hanstoffel New Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Same here, video quality is horrible with 1 bar on the VQ meter

3. wmschultz

wmschultz DBSTalk Club Member DBSTalk Club

Jul 18, 2006
    18 down / 1.5 up....Same Video Quality. Complete BS

4. wmschultz

Jul 18, 2006
    The VQ issue appears to be browser based, too. In Firefox it says my VQ is 1. In IE it says it shows the VQ as 3. However, the craptapstic display is the same...VQ of 1.

5. wmschultz

Jul 18, 2006
  6. wmschultz

Jul 18, 2006
    The Diff in VQ bars between the two browsers was due to caching. I deleted the
    cache in IE and the VQ bars are now the same. VQ still sux though.

7. radioboy3

radioboy3 New Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Same PQ problems are here. I have Fios 25/25 and have tried running the Sunday Ticket 2 Go on IE, Firefox and Chrome. It looks awful on all browsers. Now, most of the streams are not working.

This is the second year this has happened. More than enough time to fix the problem, in my opinion.

What upsets me, is that Directv tells you NOT to call customer service for Sunday Ticket 2 Go problems and directs you to the support forums. On those forums, there are several threads with dozens of posts asking the same questions we are here. The Directv response on the support forum-

NOTHING! (as of 3:05pm).

I'm sorry, but if I am paying $350.00 for a service and it does not work, i certainly WILL CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE. This is another example of Directv's anti-customer attitude.

8. fudpucker

fudpucker Godfather

Jul 23, 2007
    NW Iowa
    Well, I'm watching via the PS3 app, and it looks like a bad YouTube video. We must all be getting the same compressed crappy res feed.

9. NateCohen

NateCohen Cool Member

Feb 18, 2007
    I can't believe people pay $350.00 for this.

10. fudpucker

fudpucker Godfather

Jul 23, 2007
    NW Iowa
    I won't be as soon as I get a refund. I know it says no refunds, but they also are not delivering the product promised.

11. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Did you get the ToGo thru Sony and the playstation?

Or the regular NFL ST plus added the ToGo?

If you have the regular NFL ST, you won't get a refund on that part. It's working great.

Cheers,
    Tom

12. NateCohen

NateCohen Cool Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Just called and got a refund for to go. I advise everyone to do the same. Call retention.

13. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    You can't compare the picture quality of Internet with satellite. I just talked to a friend of mine who is quite picky and he's quite satisfied.

14. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    There are about 5 other threads on here stating the picture quality was terrible today.

15. fudpucker

fudpucker Godfather

Jul 23, 2007
    NW Iowa
    Not comparing it to my Dish feed. (This is PS3 package.) It is no exaggeration to say it looked like a pixelated low-res YouTube feed. People on the DirecTV forums are hopping mad - same for To Go as well as the PS3 package (they must use the same feed.)

16. radioboy3

radioboy3 New Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I agree it is not a fair comparison.

However, I have had Sunday Ticket 2 Go (and it's earlier versions) since Directv first began offering the service online. I have never seen such poor PQ on the service. There is clearly something wrong.

Since Directv has disabled the ability to change the settings, tells us we can't call customer service and does not respond to posts requesting help on their OWN message boards, what have they given us to work with?

I'm no one special and don't have any special information, but I think we are on our own on this. These are not the actions of a company that is interested in the quality of their product or the feedback of it's customers.

17. pfueri

pfueri Godfather

Jan 22, 2007
    I was wondering why it looked so ****ty I also have a 25 download speed . What do you have to have for it to look good . This is a joke ! Good thing I got it for free . It looks good on my iPhone and iPad but not on my pcs . All of my pc are new and fast so it's not my pcs .

18. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Couple of questions:
    1) Were the iPhone and iPad connecting via wifi or your wireless company? (If wireless, who is it?)
    2) What anti-virus protection do you have on your PCs?
    3) What browser(s) did you use?

Thanks, maybe we can sort out the issues.

Cheers,
    Tom

19. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    I watched a little of ST to Go today on my iPad, mostly just to see how it was this weekend. Wireless via my cable modem/router setup, 12mb download speed and the picture was excellent most of the time.

20. pfueri

pfueri Godfather

Jan 22, 2007
    1) yes they were and Embarq .
    2) none for now
    3) Internet explorer 8