DBSTalk Forum banner

Sunday Ticket: $200, ST MAX $300

196K views 824 replies 333 participants last post by  trh 
#1 ·
#2 ·
To-Go and player tracker are throw-ins for me. I'm really struggling to determine if RedZone is worth an extra $100 to me.

I also wonder if this will impact people's ability to add RZ for free as a standalone channel like it's been done in the past.

#9 ·
It does according to the link...still looking for the catch, like new customers only or something.

Remember the old days where we had to try to get Superfan free just because we wanted HD? Things certainly have changed.

I'm guessing the lower price is partly due to more games on NFL network?

#10 ·
$200 I might just pay without calling and playing CSR roulette for a deal. Don't need the $100 option package.

#11 ·
If you're like my household and have both cable and satellite subscriptions, and if the RZC is the only add-on you'd use in the ST MAX tier, and NFLRZ is offered on cable in your area (like it is here on Comcast)...

Unfortunately, we also use To-Go, so it doesn't quite work for us. Interesting possibility, though.

#15 ·
New NFL Sunday Ticket (ST) offer for new customers begins 4/19..ST = $199/ST Max = $299 at Choice package or below..ST Free at Choice Xtra package or above (for Spanish language customers, must have Lo Maximo to get ST Free)..ST Max is $100..Red Zone channel is similar format, but not the NFL Red Zone channel that is offered by other providers..even at full price, ST Max is $50 less in 2012 than for 2011 season..

**edit done to clear things up..easier to understand if following entire thread and/or already have D*

-=K=-

#17 ·
kaminar said:
New NFL ST offer for new customers begins 4/19..$199/$299 at Choice or below..ST Free at Choice Xtra or above (for Spanish language customers, must have Lo Maximo to get ST Free)..ST Max is $100..Red Zone channel is similar format, but not NFL Red Zone offered by other providers..even at full price, ST Max is $50 less than 2011 season..
Maybe its me but that is one of the most confusing things i have ever read.

#18 ·
lman12 said:
I have been a NFL Sunday Ticket subscriber since 996. I love the games and the mix channel but could care less about the RZC. I would definitely go for the $200.00 ST.
Wow didn't even know they offered it back then! ;) I usually get credits that make it cheaper then $199 for everything, so that's what I will attempt again.

#23 ·
Well.....just got off the phone w/Direct and the CSR I spoke with knew nothing whatsoever about any ST package below $299. Well, we'll just wait until something comes along....

RACJ2 said:
Wow didn't even know they offered it back then! ;) I usually get credits that make it cheaper then $199 for everything, so that's what I will attempt again.
I'd go for it at that price in a minute. And for the historical record, ST was available in the early or mid 90s on C-Band for the low, low, low price (the first year) of $99 bucks! Then it went to $129 and the rest is history.

#25 ·
mnassour said:
Well.....just got off the phone w/Direct and the CSR I spoke with knew nothing whatsoever about any ST package below $299. Well, we'll just wait until something comes along....

I'd go for it at that price in a minute. And for the historical record, ST was available in the early or mid 90s on C-Band for the low, low, low price (the first year) of $99 bucks! Then it went to $129 and the rest is history.
Last year I paid $84 for NFL ST, 6 payment of $54 = $324 - $240 in credits = $84. And they threw in TO GO for free. The only problem this year if you say its too expensive, they may tell you to just get the cheaper package.

Attachments

#26 ·
RACJ2 said:
Last year I paid $84 for NFL ST, 6 payment of $54 = $324 - $240 in credits = $84. And they threw in TO GO for free. The only problem this year if you say its too expensive, they may tell you to just get the cheaper package.
I'd bet that's exactly the reason they are going(?) to two-tiered pricing. Frankly, all I want to do is watch football. I don't want it on my cell phone, stats on the players' bathwater, or an edited version of each game, touchdowns only. But some do. And IF you do, they're going to gig you for it.

But like I say, this afternoon ignorance of this seems to reign, at least with the calls I made. Anyone actually order it at $199 yet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.