1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunday Ticket Auto Renewal

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by NYSmoker, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYSmoker

NYSmoker Icon

Aug 19, 2006
    I was auto renewed for Sunday Ticket on my last statement from DTV. Being as I do not want to renew it I called customer service and had it removed at least 2 weeks ago. It does not show under My Programming on Directv.com. Yesterday I went to Sunday Ticket channel and it informed me I was authorized for this program. Am I in for headaches and problems? Is DTV going to charge me for this and give me grief over removing the charges?

2. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    While I am surprised you are still showing as authorized, I would call again just to verify.

Cheers,
    Tom

3. cavihitts

cavihitts Godfather

Mar 11, 2007
    Call back to cancell or comfirm that is was cancelled. You never know, they may offer you something to keep it. ;)

4. NYSmoker

NYSmoker Icon

Aug 19, 2006
    I know I will have to call, just dreading it. I doubt they will offer me anything, when asked why I was cancelling I told them superfan was just too much to make it worth it and they gladly cancelled it for me without offering me anything.

5. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    NYS,
    When I called to cancel last year...they had a special phone number in place that handled the cancellations automatically. It worked too...which for D is quite an accomplishment.

6. packfan909

packfan909 Icon

Oct 6, 2006
    I am in the same boat. Still show the authorization on screen even though I cancelled. Calling back in right now.

pf

EDIT: Just got off the phone with Customer Service. Apparently, they only removed SuperFan when I called in to cancel the first time. They have removed ST as well and can confirm on 107 that it was removed. They also did not offer SF to free even though I mentioned that SF costs were the reason why I was cancelling.

7. hobbes

hobbes Godfather

Oct 11, 2006
    My favorite was when I called to cancel the autorenew on an NCAA Final Four subscription in February...

CSR: I'm sorry, but we can't cancel the subscription once the season has started.

Me: Yes, I understand that. But we are in February...

>>pause<<

Me: The name of the subscription is "March Madness..."

>>pause<<

Me: So the season hasn't started yet...

CSR: OK, let me get my supervisor to authorize that cancellation.......

--
    I get that the info in her computer probably was showing the season for the previous year being active still, but I thought it was kind of funny.

8. ProfLonghair

ProfLonghair Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    CMH
    LOL

9. mndwalsh

mndwalsh Legend

Nov 16, 2005
    it took me 3 calls and then and email for them to call be b4 I finally got NFLST canceled.

Each time was harder than the previous and with all calls they told me it was done.

10. jimmyv2000

jimmyv2000 Hall Of Fame

Feb 15, 2007
    Manchester NH

Same boat here,shows up on my staement and online.i called twice about this already

11. coota

coota Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    if you cancel ST, do you also lose NFL Network?

12. DrZ

DrZ Godfather

Nov 13, 2006
    No the NFL network is separate from Sunday Ticket

13. mndwalsh

mndwalsh Legend

Nov 16, 2005
    Classic, got my bill and it didn't have my promo for premier and sunday ticket still shows up

On the phone now for the last 10 minutes to try and get the credit and NFLST removed for the 4th time. All the notes are in my account as she is reading them back to me. They now have me on hold to try and figure it out but she did say that she may need to transfer me again to get NFLST removed.

Unreal, I am thinking my neighbor has something to do with it because he wants me to have NFLST more than I do.

14. cavihitts

cavihitts Godfather

Mar 11, 2007

Put a password on your account :lol:

15. 5678YN

5678YN Legend

Jun 29, 2007
    I had a similar problem with the NCAA tourney. I was renewed and billed the next year and was told I had to request cancellation before the following year started. Best of luck but I did have to pay and canceled the following year at the same time.

16. NYSmoker

NYSmoker Icon

Aug 19, 2006
    Of course I get my bill this month and what should appear,
    a charge for Sunday Ticket.

17. ajwillys

ajwillys Godfather

Jun 14, 2006
    It took me two calls to get mine canceled too....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.