1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunday Ticket Blackout question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by vthokies1996, Sep 20, 2010.

1. vthokies1996

vthokies1996 Legend

Oct 6, 2008
    Years ago Directv would allow you to watch the games being shown on your local channel on the Sunday Ticket channel in the 700s.

Now if a game is being shown on your Fox and/or CBS local affiliate, the channel in the 700s is blacked out and you have to watch the game on the local channel.

I have the Sunday Ticket to Go. So my question is, if the game being shown on my local CBS/Fox affiliate is blacked out in the 700s, why is not blacked out on the Sunday ticket to go?

It would be alot easier when navigating between games to watch them all on the Sunday ticket channels. Just curious as to why they black out the 700 channels but allow you to watch the same game on your PC or phone.

Thanks

2. d max82

d max82 Godfather

May 23, 2007
    I doin't have to go this year, but last year with superfan the online version did blackout your local game......

3. vthokies1996

vthokies1996 Legend

Oct 6, 2008
    Not for me last year or this year. I have always been able to watch the local game. Live 30 min outside of DC.

4. Shaqdan

Shaqdan Legend

Jan 23, 2009
    In my experience, Superfan has never blacked out locally telecast games. And I've had it since it was available.

5. patchs

patchs AllStar

Jan 22, 2006
    Because, unless you have a Slingbox, how do you watch DirecTV on your phone or computer?
    That's why they don't black it out.