1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Sunday Ticket expiration.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by lipcrkr, Dec 23, 2012.

1. lipcrkr

lipcrkr Legend

Apr 27, 2012
    I joined DirecTV in May of this year. One of the perks was having Sunday Ticket Max free for one season (regular games). The regular season is almost over and was wondering if i have to call DirecTV to no longer subscribe to STM, or will it normally expire after the regular season is over? I don't want to continue with it as i am just a casual NFL fan. Thanks.

2. wilsonc

wilsonc Legend

Aug 22, 2006
    You will need to call and ask them to remove the package. Otherwise it would just automatically renew.

3. Dradran

Dradran AllStar

Apr 21, 2010
    But what you do not want to do is cancel it now. Wait till next season then tell them you want to cancel. They will most likely give you a deal on the 2013 season.

4. Dahammer

Dahammer Cool Member

Aug 14, 2011
    I was wandering about that. I've only been a customer for a month, so I missed out on most of the season. I am hoping they'll offer a discount for me to keep Sunday Ticket next season.

5. lipcrkr

lipcrkr Legend

Apr 27, 2012
    But i want to make sure that i'm not paying for Playoff games this year. I don't mind waiting till the Spring, although no matter what they offer me i'm not interested.

6. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    You don't pay anything extra for the playoffs.

Just make sure if you wait until next fall, you do something before the season begins. Otherwise it is an automatic renewal and you can't cancel after the season starts (I guess you can cancel, but you're not getting your money back).

7. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    Playoff games aren't on Sunday Ticket, only out of market regular season games. Just call in at the end of July and cancel it. You won't have any issues and won't pay for something you don't want.

8. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    And I believe when you are on auto renew, you'll see a $0.00 charge for Sunday Ticket starting a few months before they actually start the charges, which are a reminder it's coming.

9. lipcrkr

lipcrkr Legend

Apr 27, 2012
    OK, thanks guys.

10. Old_School

Old_School Legend

Nov 28, 2011
    PA
    I still have that on my bill and it was paid off in August!:lol: