1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunday Ticket HD for Bears - Eagles 10-21

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by tombet, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tombet

tombet Legend

Sep 27, 2006
    I am heading out of town and need to setup my HR20 to record da Bears in HD for this Sunday (@ Eagles, 1:15 PST.)

My guide does not show the Bears yet in HD. (They are listed on an SD channel). The D* website says the game will be on HD on ch 720. However, the HR20 guide currently says its upcoming for Ravens @ Bills.

Which am I better off doing (I have to set it up by early tomorrow morning):

1. DO a manual recording of ch 720, and hope the D* site is correct ?

2. Set an autorecord Wishlist search ? (But I want to make sure I record only the HD program - and have something else recording at same time already, so don't easily have the option of recording both SD and HD. Plus I can't even stand watching football in SD. I've become an HD snob.)

2. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    You're in a pickle because DirecTV doesn't finalize channel numbers usually until Thursday or Friday and even then it can change over the weekend. Not sure what to try but maybe an autorecord and hope for the best. Or if someone will be home have them set it for you before the game starts.

3. sdicomp

sdicomp Godfather

Sep 12, 2006
    It's a late game Sunday, so D* may be putting on 720 after the noon game. I would give 720 a try, but also keep looking at the guide until you have to leave!!

Good luck!!

4. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Try a keyword autorecord of Bears with HD as being the category rather than sports or football. If it is in the guide now, you can see if it finds it. (You may have to try a different team if the Bears game is not in the guide for testing.)

5. tombet

tombet Legend

Sep 27, 2006

Argh. Thanks for the info. I've been thinking about putting a Slingbox at that tv and this may be the item that pushes me to do it. I have one on another tv (not HD), and it works great. I wouldn't be using it to WATCH the game - just to check the guide on Sunday morning and make sure I'm good to go, and change the ToDo list if needed.

Looks like an evening Fry's run is in order. I've seen the Slingbox's (basic models) have really gotten cheap of late - like $100.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.