1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Sunday ticket mobile app and IOS 6

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by compnurd, Sep 21, 2012.

1. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Since upgrading to IOS 6 on my 4S I have been testing apps. The Sunday ticket app keeps crashing out after I click to watch live video on the red zone channel. Anyone else having issues? I am not on wifi at the moment

2. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Works fine for me. I've been on iOS 6 for weeks.

3. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    It is working now. Just re installed. Did that earlier in the week also though

4. Jacob Braun

Jacob Braun King of Awesome

Oct 5, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    This is a current issue with iOS6 and the Sunday Ticket Mobile app. Hopefully a fix will be pushed through soon! I don't have any issues with it but a few people have been.

Apparently it's mainly affecting people on 3G/4G. So maybe switching to wifi will help? (that last part is just me speculating)

5. litex2x

litex2x Legend

Sep 8, 2012
    I noticed this today. Hopefully they release a fix before next Sunday.

6. billcoff

billcoff Mentor

Jul 26, 2007
    I got the crash on my iPad when trying to access a game that was on my local channel. Worked fine for the other games.

7. jasonblair

jasonblair Icon

Sep 5, 2006
    My wife ran the Sunday Ticket app on her new iPhone5 this Sunday. Two issues:

1) The app would crash when she'd click on "Watch Live." She had to uninstall/reinstall a few times to get it to work. (She was trying to watch the start of the Eagles/Cardinals game while we were inside Lucas Oil Stadium watching the Colts blow the game, so we thought it might be related to the large amount of users in one location. Although the LTE signal was great on my Galaxy Note as well as her iPhone5, and an AT&T rep told me that Lucas Oil Stadium is the spot with the single most available bandwidth in the country, since Verizon and AT&T were both heavily touting the arrival of LTE for the Super Bowl back in February.)

2) The video doesn't fill the screen! There is black on the top, bottom, left, and right sides of the image. Since I am not an Apple guy, I couldn't figure out how to get it to zoom to fit the whole screen.

8. jasonblair

jasonblair Icon

Sep 5, 2006
    Follow up: She didn't have the crashing problem later in the day when we got home and used the Wi-fi. The problem occurred when we were at the stadium using the AT&T LTE signal. So it does indeed look to be limited to using a cellular signal rather than wi-fi.

9. Canyouhearme987

Canyouhearme987 Mentor

Apr 26, 2011
    An update to the app was out in the App Store a few minutes ago.

10. Brubear

Brubear Legend

Nov 13, 2008
    as some mentioned, it is/was a 3G/4G issue.

11. toph

toph Math Wiz

Dec 19, 2006
    The app provided no video for me today on my ipad 2 with iOS 6. I was connected via wifi. I had to use an iPhone on iOS 5 to watch football today.

12. cariera

cariera Icon

Oct 27, 2006