1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunday Ticket Week 1 Free Preview

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by BattleScott, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Sep 4, 2010 #1 of 24
    BattleScott

BattleScott Hall Of Fame

Aug 28, 2006
    FYI,
    TVMail message confirms week1 free preview of NFLST.

2. Sep 4, 2010 #2 of 24
    dhkinil

dhkinil Icon

Dec 17, 2006
    I don't exactly get the rationale behind ST. For one thing about 1/3 of the games are on free every week, you have absolutely no way to watch more than two games without knowing every score and even a displaced fan of a team which does not get wide exposure is paying $300 to see at most 10-12 games he really has a great interest in. CI. LP, EI let you see at least one game every night during the season for about 2/3 that price.

3. Sep 4, 2010 #3 of 24
    BattleScott

BattleScott Hall Of Fame

Aug 28, 2006
    For the displaced fan, it is the only way to see all their games.
    For the hard-core fan including fantasy league players, it guarantees you get to see the game(s) you want to see.
    The money is based on demand and none of the other sports even come close to the level of fan devotion and involvement that the NFL generates. If they did they could demand more money for their packages.

4. Sep 4, 2010 #4 of 24
    MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    You forgot to mention "Short Cuts", my favorite feature. Repeats of every game in 30 minutes. Every play without down time and commercials!

5. Sep 4, 2010 #5 of 24
    RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    I guess I'll answer that with a question, who on dbstalk actually pays $300 for NFL ST? I'm paying $180 and it guarantees me that I will see my team every week.

Also, I live in an NFC East city, but my team is in the AFC East. Even though we get an AFC game on CBS, its usually an NFC East team playing an AFC team that I'm not interested in. So just because you get a third of the games, some weeks you get zero games you are interested in. NFL ST usually allows me to watch a second game that has a team in the AFC East.

And if my team is the early game and all the other teams in the AFC East are playing in the late game, I channel surf. And with doubleplay, I have 2 of the games running simultaneously and swap back and forth. If I miss something, I can rewind and watch. So NFL ST is a life saver for me.

6. Sep 4, 2010 #6 of 24
    Boston_bill

Boston_bill Icon

Jul 23, 2009
    Every year I say I wont pay it because I can still see the Patriots every week and every year I do because I love it that much.

7. Sep 4, 2010 #7 of 24
    sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    I pay to not see the Pats. ;)

8. Sep 4, 2010 #8 of 24
    JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    And I pay not to see the Jets

9. Sep 4, 2010 #9 of 24
    Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    I watched the Red Zone Channel last year for the first week "free view" and thought that it was the greatest football channel ever. It's the perfect channel for the guy in the football pool or the huge fan of the game. Having said that, I don't have ST. It costs too much considering I live in Packer country. :) If I lived out of the market I would certainly have it.

10. Humnahey

Humnahey Mentor

Aug 26, 2006
    I am a Detroit Lions fan. I don't get to see any of their games on local TV. I don't have interest in 10-12 of their games, I have interest in all 16 of their games. They play on Thanksgiving and that is it. I live between DC and Baltimore, so even with 2 FOXs and 2 CBSs I still won't see their game.

Without Sunday Ticket I wouldn't get to watch them.

Even if I were a Pats, Cowboys or Steelers fan who get wider national exposure I'd still order it. I want to watch all 16 games!

Sunday Ticket makes PERFECT sense to me, and that's why I order it.

11. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    People are fans of teams other than the Packers? :confused: Who knew?

Go Pack Go.

12. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    I am fortunate to live between Milwaukee and Chicago so I get the Milwaukee loacls via sat and the Chicago locals OTA. For football season I get all of the Packers games, all of the Bears games and because Favre is in Minnesota, I get almost all of the Vikings games. (If they are not on at the same time.) These are just the FOX games, not to mention the ESPN game, NFL network games and the CBS games.

I do know a few people who are fans of other teams. They just aren't right. :lol:

13. lman12

lman12 AllStar

May 23, 2007
    First, the NFL only has a 16 game regular season, so each team plays one game a week and the games means something every week. Also, the NFL is a matter of demand. There are millions of fans of the NFL, especially ones who are willing to support their favorite team by paying to see their games on NFL Sunday Ticket. This is particularly true if your team does not live in your market (I have been a Colts fan for 40 years and have never lived in Baltimore or Indy).

I currently live in NJ and could care less about the Giants, Eagles or Jets but I must have my Colts fix. Even though the Colts have had good teams for the past 8 or 9 years and 6 to 8 of their games are broadcast nationally (think free viewing) each season, I still get to see them when their games are regionalized outside of this market.

14. alnielsen

alnielsen Godfather

Dec 31, 2006
    ...- .....
    Here is one Wisconsin resident that would be interested in Sunday Ticket.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. sweep49

sweep49 Legend

Jul 15, 2008
    SW GA
    Since ST is free for one week, I think there should be a 1/16th refund for subscribers. How about you?

16. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    1/17th...It's a 17 week season. Call in and get your $20.

17. Boston_bill

Boston_bill Icon

Jul 23, 2009
    And I pay not to see the Jets and Giants. We are force fed these two whenever the Pats arent playing.

18. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    I'll answer that part. I'm one of the ones who refuse to call in for a NFLST discount. I don't mind paying the price.

19. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    - Its not $300 for ST....its $179 with the credit that every tom dick & harry can get.
    - Other sports reg season are boring & they play so many games that each game is basically meaningless...lose today just play tomorrow again big woop.... thats why they are cheaper.

My Top 10 reasons for having Sunday Ticket:
    1. Watch entire Cowboys games every week.
    2. Avoid having only 1 game at either 1:00 or 4:15 every week.
    3. Here in NY because of Giants & Jets without ST it would be multiple Sunday afternoons of only 2 games.
    4. Dont get stuck watching a local team if they are bad instead of another good game that is blacked out.
    5. Between betting $$ games & fantasy football that extra income usually pays for the season.
    6. Dont have to worry about network leaving national game early to get to local team game.
    7. CBS/FOX "Flex Block" 10 good games that wont move to Primetime but now i still see them.
    8. Red Zone Channel & Game Mix Channel & NFL ShortCut Games every Monday.
    9. Always have gotten the $20/6 months credit.
    10. Its just sooooooo Fun !!

20. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    I'm paying $300 as well. Worth every penny.