1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supercast Mobile Info

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by RACJ2, Jun 22, 2009.

1. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    In case you haven't seen this, I came across more info about the Supercast Mobile offering:

Catch every game, no matter where you are. Now you can enjoy every NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ game, every Sunday, live on your iPhone or iPod touch. The new SUPERCAST Mobile app — available FREE to all SuperFan customers — includes all the great features of the SUPERCAST computer application. So you can now enjoy live streaming video, highlights, scores and stats wherever you happen to be.

System requirements
    • iPhone or iPod touch with software v3.0 or higher
    • Requires a strong Wi-Fi, Edge or 3G network connection for streaming
    • NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan subscription required for streaming
    • DIRECTV customers must have a directv.com account in good standing

Link to more info on Supercast Mobile, NFL ST & SF, includes videos and wallpaper: Supercast Mobile and more

2. sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork Icon

Aug 21, 2008
    That too bad it'll just before the iPhone currently it looks like. I have my Sling so I can stream to my phone currently, but I would still have been interested in the software. I still have 9 months on my current phone, so no new phone me anytime soon.

3. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    I don't see where it requires the new model (3GS)... Just the new software (v3.0)...

4. sshams95

sshams95 Legend

Sep 2, 2006
    So ATT will allow Supercast to stream over 3g but not Slingmobile. Until ATT confirms it I won't believe it.

5. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    MLB is already doing that today .. Seeing is believing. Slingmobile is great (don't get me wrong), but there implementation may be just enough different to be problematic. Everything I've seen or heard is that NFL ST Mobile is on it's way.

WooHoo!

6. byron

byron Icon

Nov 15, 2004
    MLB AtBat does streaming video over AT&T's 3G network..... I doubt they would allow MLB and deny DirecTV/NFL.

7. jsmuga

jsmuga Godfather

Jan 3, 2008
    New Hope, PA
    Can't wait to watch games on my iphone.:D

8. belogical

belogical Legend

Nov 14, 2006
    you iphone users make us blackberry storm users sick. (and make us want to change phones) if iphone was on verizon, i would have to say goodbye to my long relationship with blackberry. they are just behind the 8 ball on everything. to bad AT&T is behind the 8 ball on coverage. where oh where is that perfect mobile world we are all dreaming about?

9. sshams95

sshams95 Legend

Sep 2, 2006
    Exactly the reason why I just switched from Storm to Iphone last Friday, and I am not disappointed. I don't want this thread to turn into Storm vs Iphone or Verizon vs ATT, but the Storm doesnt come close. The fact that NFLST will be available on Iphone alone sets it apart from the rest.

I was unaware of the MLB streaming over 3G, so I am confident this will happen. I guess I got more skeptical after ATT pulled the plug on Slingmobile use over 3g.

10. sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork Icon

Aug 21, 2008
    I was referring to it just being for an iPhone, being I have a Tilt........I am out:nono2:

11. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    This is pushing me over the edge to get an iPhone.:)

12. Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher Icon

Apr 24, 2002
    Wait a minute . . . you mean to get this service, DirecTV isn't requiring iPhone users to sign up for NFLST with SuperFan for four hundred bucks? "Do you believe in miracles? YES!"

13. belogical

belogical Legend

Nov 14, 2006
    you must be drinking, right?

14. micky76ag

micky76ag AllStar

Feb 18, 2007

15. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    Is there an actual app in the iTunes store currently for this? I've looked, but have not found it thus far.

16. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    No, I don't believe so.

17. Canis Lupus

Canis Lupus You make it, We break it

Oct 16, 2006
    Don't be surprised if this becomes a "Mobile Only" Pay Service as well.

18. prushing

prushing Active Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Why can't a windows os phone run this application? Come on DTV.

19. Littledude

Littledude Legend

Aug 28, 2006
    Yes!!! The iPhone has become a sports fan's dream. The baseball app is phenomenal. March Madness and the Masters apps were wonderful. Now, bring on football season! I wonder what is in store for the NBA and NHL.............

20. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    Windows mobile phones can access and watch nfl supercast via the web interface at the following link during the broadcasting:
    m.nfl.directv.com.

*The iPhone allows vendors such as DirecTV or NFL to produce a platform specific applicatrion which enriches and uses phone specific options, frills, etc...

What kind of phone is required for the mobile service?
    You need a mobile phone with video capabilities. Note some phones might not support the mobile video standards that we offer this service in. If this happens, your phone might say “Unsupported content type”.

What kind of software do I need on my mobile phone?
    You need software that allows you to play back video on the phone along with a mobile internet browser that allows you to visit specific web site addresses.

Do I need anything else to use the mobile service?
    You need to have a multimedia data plan with your carrier which allows you to use the internet. It's recommended that you have a high speed connection (28kbps — 300 kbps) for your mobile device.

Will this mobile service work on any carrier?
    As long as you have the right data plan with your carrier and phone, you should be able to have access to this service with any carrier. The data plan should allow you to access any internet site.

What mobile phones are optimized to use this service?
    While this service should work on most mobile devices that have a mobile browser and video playback capabilities along with a data plan associated with it, the following phones are certified to work with this service.
    • Apple iPhone
    • T-Mobile Wings - Windows Mobile
    • Motorola Q - Windows Mobile (Verizon)
    • Samsung Blackjack - Windows Mobile (AT&T)
    • Samsung Upstage (Sprint)
    • HP iPAQ hw6920 (AT&T)
    • Razr V3xx (AT&T)

What if I don't have a video capable mobile phone?
    You can still access the service if you have a data plan and you will be able to get scores, time left in the quarter and events in the game in your mobile internet browser. You just won't be able to download video and watch video clips.