1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supplier in Southern CA

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by HappyTheManFan, Dec 31, 2012.

1. HappyTheManFan

HappyTheManFan Cool Member

Feb 23, 2010
    I'm in a bit of an emergency situation and I need help. We just had two transformers blow in the neighborhood today and a power spike went through the whole house, even through the UPS and fried my 6x8 multiswitch and one of the outputs on the SL3 LNB. I need to know if there is a parts distributor in the San Bernardino/Riverside/Ontario area (even L.A./Orange County is better than nothing) that would have replacements, sells to the public, and is open today (I assume tomorrow/New Years Day is probably hopeless).

I'm trying to take care of this today, otherwise I'll have to order from an online supplier and be without TV for a couple days.

Thanks for your help!

2. HappyTheManFan

HappyTheManFan Cool Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Thanks for the link.

Now that I've tinkered with things a bit, I think the multiswitch may be ok. One of the four outputs from the dish is definitely dead, and the loss of voltage from that one line was playing havoc with the multiswitch. I disconnected another line and am just running two cables to the inputs for SAT 99/101 and everything is working (of course with no hi-def channels and a few other scattered missing channels).

I'm guessing replacing the LNB and connecting all four cables will return things to normal.