1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Surrogates,in theaters Fall 2009

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by Steve615, May 25, 2009.

1. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    From comingsoon.net:
    I've been keeping an occasional eye out for news on this film for awhile.
    The forthcoming film from Touchstone Pictures/Disney starring Bruce Willis is based on a graphic novel.
    The film also stars Ving Rhames,Radha Mitchell and Rosamund Pike.
    It is currently slated for theatrical release on 9/25/09,but I wouldn't be surprised to see that date change.
    The film has not been rated at this time.
    More info at the following link.

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=39442

The following link goes to the film's official site.

http://chooseyoursurrogate.com/

2. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
  3. Jun 5, 2009 #3 of 21
    BobbySteelz

BobbySteelz Godfather

May 24, 2007
    Really looking forward to this one. After watching the trailer, I'm even more excited. Seeing Bruce Willis in another thriller sci-fi is ok in my book. I think he's awesome in this "detective" roles, so I'm hoping he has another hit in this movie.

4. Jun 5, 2009 #4 of 21
    Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    Agreed. :)
    I've been a fan of his work for many years,and this film looks like it may be pretty good.

5. BobbySteelz

BobbySteelz Godfather

May 24, 2007
    Yea, I think he's a really good actor, he knows what he's good at and sticks to it. As for the film itself, it's based off a graphic novel by Robert Venditti, so you know it will be a solid story. Have you read the graphic novel or heard of it prior to hearing about the film?

6. BobbySteelz

BobbySteelz Godfather

May 24, 2007
  7. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    I haven't heard of the graphic novel before.
    I started seeing bits and pieces of news about the film popping up online....just a Bruce Willis fan for many years. :)

8. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    Agreed in regards to the poster....Willis appears to have his game face on for the film. :D

9. BobbySteelz

BobbySteelz Godfather

May 24, 2007
    The graphic novel is written by a guy named Robert Venditti, and it's about how perhaps technology isolates us from the outside world. You can check out an interview he did with Sci-Fi Wire here. As for Willis, I'm a fan as well. He's just a good all around actor. He's believable in his comedy roles, and can also play action cop ala John Mcclain. What do you think you top 3 Bruce Willis movies are?

10. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    My top 3 Willis movies at this time would be:

1. Die Hard I

2. Color Of Night

3. Hostage

11. BobbySteelz

BobbySteelz Godfather

May 24, 2007
    The entire Die Hard franchise is I think really entertaining, I even like the newest one that came out last summer was it? I just think Willis is pretty charismatic. There's not a lot of actors out there that can do comedy and drama as well as he can. The Whole 9 Yards I thought he was really funny in, and have you ever seen him do any late night talk shows? He's always really great on those.

12. clueless

clueless Legend

Dec 6, 2004
    I've always wished he and Cybill Shepard would do Moonlighting The Movie.

13. BobbySteelz

BobbySteelz Godfather

May 24, 2007
    I've only seen a few episodes of that show (it dates me a bit), but from what I've seen it seemed like an awesome show, very self aware. Crazy to think how long ago that show was, and how long Willis has had a successful career for.

Going back to Surrogates, there's a brand new video out that's pretty cool. It's a behind the scenes look that talks about the robots and shows some stuff from real life where surrogates are being used. The footage from the film is looking pretty good.

14. BobbySteelz

BobbySteelz Godfather

May 24, 2007
    Here's another excellent video for anyone that's excited for the film. It's definitely my favorite video that I've seen yet. It gives some background on the movie and story with cast and crew interviews and shows some new footage. It has me excited.

15. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    I've noticed the film is getting more publicity with previews/ads on several TV channels within the last week or so.

16. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    Thanks for the link.

That was a very good "behind the scenes" look at the film. :)

17. BobbySteelz

BobbySteelz Godfather

May 24, 2007
    Yea, I've definitely see a publicity increase for the film as the release date gets closer. Also, glad to hear you like the video too, I thought it was a great featurette that gave some good insight without giving too much of the plot away.

I also just saw on IMDb that the run time for the film is 104 minutes. That seems like a pretty perfect length. I've been hating the movies lately that push two hours. I love that this one is just a little over an hour and a half.

18. dave29

dave29 DIRECTV A-Team

Feb 18, 2007
    Last night was the first time that I have seen the preview for this movie.

It looks pretty awesome, can't wait to see it.

19. BobbySteelz

BobbySteelz Godfather

May 24, 2007
    Pumped that it will be coming out next Friday, I plan to check it out some time next weekend. For anyone who loves to see as much footage as possible before seeing it in theaters, here's some good news... This week they released a new trailer for the film, that can be seen here. It's pretty good, and really gives you a good idea of what the plot of the film is. Also, Yahoo! Movies has 3 clips up that gave me the feeling that this film we have plenty of action.

20. WestDC

WestDC DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    Can't wait for it to be on PPV 10/15